EK60GFG S5 Stolen 4/4/18 EK60GFG

CharlieSAudi

Reaction score
7D75E200 3382 4EFD B123 44C7DA14EEAE
0ACD0832 9A31 4EE3 A7AB 4746548D783E
Morning all,

Car was parked in Beckenham, Kent outside my dads.

It must have been taken through the night, police and insurance informed.

If you could keep your eyes out please.

Very distinctive because of the tinted rear lights.

EK60GFG

The licence plate was fitted back to the front grill.

Thanks all :(

Hi,

Fellow S5 V8 owner,

******* sucks mate! Hope it gets found in one piece

I do wonder how cars like these get stolen with all inmobikisers etc etc

Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 152383 View attachment 152384 Morning all,

Car was parked in Beckenham, Kent outside my dads.

It must have been taken through the night, police and insurance informed.

If you could keep your eyes out please.

Very distinctive because of the tinted rear lights.

EK60GFG

The licence plate was fitted back to the front grill.

Thanks all :(

Barstewards who steal other peoples cars should be punished accordingly. :whip:

Hope you get it back mate, and the culprits get caught.

JG

Out of interest, say it’s stolen and has been driven like it’s been stolen, what happens? How do you know they haven’t damaged anything when you get it back?

They got my non keyless A5 away last September without the keys. No idea how they started it.

Never was recovered or seen again!

Out of interest, say it’s stolen and has been driven like it’s been stolen, what happens? How do you know they haven’t damaged anything when you get it back?
Such as? Mine is tuned to +50% of stock and I drive it like I stole it daily.... Bumps/cosmetic will be visible. Knocks to the chassis will be obvious when you try and drive it/see how it follows the road. What else is there - especially as it was only taken for hours rather than days or weeks.

Well I’m thinking say it’s been driven really hard for those few hours. Then you get it back, a week later something fails on the engine or gearbox. Could that be related to how it was driven when stolen.

Yeah I get what your both saying, luckily it was a few hours and I clocked the petrol I had when I left it parked, was only 15miles used and my car drinks lol, where I found it was tucked away was about right.

The thing is like you said @arad85 i drive mine hard and it’s been mapped, after a few hours it was most probably driven for about 10- 20mins. They don’t want to bring attention to them so will likely have a poke from time to time as we would and drive normal after.

If it was found say 100-200miles away after a few days/weeks likely been chucked about but as long as you don’t have chunks out of your alloys/tyres its nothing I wouldn’t do really imo.

Thing is... you can't really drive a close to 500hp car (no idea what yours is tuned to) like you stole it. Not only is it impractical on roads unless it's 2am, it takes seconds to get from nothing to "I'll wrap it around a tree" speeds if you're not careful and used to it. You'll either get it back fine in one piece or not quite so fine in several pieces...

so sorry to hear this, glad she was found! sounds like they pinched then parked up on another road to come back later once they know that no one has traced it back on a tracker? hearing far too many keyless thefts on s5s and similar recently.
Hope it doesnt put you off! also amazon sell some pretty sturdy peddle to steering locks and key signal blocking bags, i can stand next to mine and still blocks the signal, small amount of reassurance atleast as i bet you are now on full alert!

so sorry to hear this, glad she was found! sounds like they pinched then parked up on another road to come back later once they know that no one has traced it back on a tracker? hearing far too many keyless thefts on s5s and similar recently.
Hope it doesnt put you off! also amazon sell some pretty sturdy peddle to steering locks and key signal blocking bags, i can stand next to mine and still blocks the signal, small amount of reassurance atleast as i bet you are now on full alert!

Thanks Meemo, won’t be parking near my dads for a while lol usually outside mine with both cameras and my dog barking every two minutes someone walks pass lol.

Definitely a park up job ripped the side panel in the boot off and broke a plastic bracket grrr.

I don’t have keyless entry but they can still get in using a certain tool and a device to reprogram a new key. Suppose it’s just easier for them to get the signal and unlock keyless entry cars would still have the steering lock on bought one from Halfords Thatcham 3 approved.

Going to relocate the obd ASAP and the autowatch ghost.

Would rather spend the money on mods but can’t if she’s taken again !