EIP Haldex Controller

DuncS3

Reaction score
Right..have had this fitted for a couple of weeks now, so can post thoughts.

Its a subtle mod, under normal driving you wouldnt notice anything different and you need to be pushing things to notice the subtle changes to the cars handling. Now oversteer can occur on roundabouts (if provoked, although cant say 100% how much of this is down to the Neuspeed ARBs) and can 'feel' power from the rear wheels if powering off a roundabout on to a straight - and if you keep your foot in around roundabouts you can feel the back end pushing the nose back in line.

My cars handling is already fully modified (suspension/springs/roll bars/tie bars etc) but this I think really does eliminate understeer - car handles really really great at the moment.

Need to do a track day to fully verify but so far I am happy

Dunc

Having driven a standard S3 and an R32, which both have the earlier Haldex, and then driven my 8p Q, I can say Dunc S3 is right on the money.

The newer Haldex, with its pre-engaging capabilities and more complex electronics, really does a lot to reduce understeer. You still have to set up the car properly at the entrance of a turn to get lift-off oversteer, but once you're back on the go-fast pedal the Haldex just latches on, and you're in a very subtle 4wheel drift.

Another big plus of the newer-gen Haldex coupling units is the pre-engagement. When doing a standing start with the wheels turned, the rear drive is engaged before slip ever has a chance to occur.

So how much does this do-hicy cost then, and is it a 'plug & play' device or do you need to fork out to have it fitted and set-up?

i wonder if audi fitted this newer haldex ecu instead of the old when they replaced it a few weeks ago? il go and find a wet roudabout to work it out!

Pretty easy to fit but a bit of a squeeze to get to, two allen bolts and a multiplug job done

[ QUOTE ]
i wonder if audi fitted this newer haldex ecu instead of the old when they replaced it a few weeks ago? il go and find a wet roudabout to work it out!

[/ QUOTE ]

They will of fitted a standard one, make sure the roundabout is empty before you try /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If anyone is interested I will be selling my performance haldex unit in the next few days (someone has 1st refusal on it right now) for £475 ... £135 cheaper than the group buy price.

Cheers,
Adam

[ QUOTE ]

If anyone is interested I will be selling my performance haldex unit in the next few days (someone has 1st refusal on it right now) for £475 ... £135 cheaper than the group buy price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you selling?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you selling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm selling my car and it's worth a lot more unfitted.

..sold now anyways.

Cheers,
Adam

I see then; was just interessted in knowing if you didn't like it :)

Thanks.