EIBACHS ARE ON

gingers3

Reaction score
after lots of research i decided eibach was the way to go , had them fitted yesterday along with full hawkeye hunter alignment

really pleased with it , the height is perfect for me , the only critisium i had with the car was it was a little bouncy , the eibachs have sorted this with no loss of comfort
next job now to fit 10 mm spacers on the rear and the 5 mm currently on the rear ill put on the front

Reactions: owen87, THQuattro, Huwbert and 1 other person
after lots of research i decided eibach was the way to go , had them fitted yesterday along with full hawkeye hunter alignment

really pleased with it , the height is perfect for me , the only critisium i had with the car was it was a little bouncy , the eibachs have sorted this with no loss of comfort
next job now to fit 10 mm spacers on the rear and the 5 mm currently on the rear ill put on the front
Looks good. I think they really need that extra bit of lowering to be honest, more aggressive.

for some maybe , but im a good few years from being a boy racer lol , with the spacers the stance will be perfect for me , fitting them was nt just for drop but also performance and eibach are the best out there , and also approved by vw/audi

Reactions: owen87, Huwbert and Ian Whiffen
That does look good, now I'm very tempted to get some myself

Looks good mate how much??
Love the red with the black roof.

Looks good mate how much??
Love the red with the black roof.

cheers mate , spring kit fitted with re alignment cost me £395
if your any where in the midlands found s great place to get work done

Looks spot on to me, i too, am a more, shall we say, mature driver! May have to invest in some myself....

What age are we talking before classifying ourselves as mature lol.
They do look good. Does it still go slightly softer in economy mode?

What age are we talking before classifying ourselves as mature lol.
They do look good. Does it still go slightly softer in economy mode?

i dont know ! never use eco mode , im not that old ! lol

im 45

Reactions: PastS1Owner
Is the picture you posted a before or after mate? Looks very high in that picture hence my question.

Pics are after , oem the s1 sits quite high , it's about 22mm lower than it was

Flip. Well as long as you are happy thats what is all about bud. Enjoy!!

cheers , yes mate very happy , i think its one of the best cars in current audi range

Reactions: timmayyyy_nz, PastS1Owner and s3_trev
Today i orderd also the eibach pro kit for S1!
I think it lower just enough, can't wait for see the result!
Wasn't easy to decide between H&R and eibach!

Reactions: gingers3
Technically you should of done the alignment after the spacer swap around.

Sure it will be OK though.

i did nt do the spacer swap in the end , the s1 has long pro truding hub lips so 15 mm is the mimimum hubcentric spacer that will go on and that was too much for me

i did nt do the spacer swap in the end , the s1 has long pro truding hub lips so 15 mm is the mimimum hubcentric spacer that will go on and that was too much for me

Could you explain that a bit more in detail as I'm wanting to have some spacers ?

Yes , basically the lip on the rear of the s1 s hub ( the bit the wheel/spacers mounts on to ) sticks out about 12.5 MM. so any spacer you fit will need a recess of 13 MM or more to enable the spacer to fit flat back to the hub
H&R 12 MM spacers are close but 15 MM spacers will be more suited
It is possible to grind a few MM off the hub but I did not fancy doing that !
Hope this helps

Reactions: Moggy
Eibach s are on ... Verry pleased with the result

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 291
Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Eibach pro-kit ...it drop's a little less than the H&R kit ...verre pleased with the result and not. just the look !

Reactions: owen87