Eibach Suspension Picture Thread

dp_motley

2019 A3 35TFSI S line
Reaction score
There are the "rimz" thread and the "photos" thread on a 8P forum, but I was unable to find any suspension picture thread.

- Post pictures of your ride on Eibach Pro and Sportline kit here so anyone interested could choose the desired ride height.
- Add what shocks and wheels/tyres you use as well spacers if any.
- If you have done measurements (fender-to-ground or fender-to-wheel centre), please share the numbers here too.

Other setups are welcome!

Reactions: ch1z64
There are the "rimz" thread and the "photos" thread on a 8P forum, but I was unable to find any suspension picture thread.

- Post pictures of your ride on Eibach Pro and Sportline kit here so anyone interested could choose the desired ride height.
- Add what shocks and wheels/tyres you use as well spacers if any.
- If you have done measurements (fender-to-ground or fender-to-wheel centre), please share the numbers here too.

Other setups are welcome!
You might want to PM admin @Sandra and ask if she can make your post a sticky like the other one's we have . Just a thought mate as this 1 will get lost once others start posting about other things

Reactions: dp_motley
Let me start.
Before >>> 2012 A3 1.6 TDI. Stock SE ride height 374 mm/372 mm (fender-to-wheel centre) on 225/45 R17 wheels, ET45

Audi A3 stock 1
Audi A3 stock 2

After >>> VWR Sports Springs & Bilstein B4 dampers, TT rear spring pads: 345 mm front, 337 mm back (-29 mm off the stock at the front), 225/40 R18 Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 tyres, genuine RS3 wheels, ET50, 5 mm spacers all around.

Audi at Audis
S line RS upgrade sunny day 5

Latest >>> MSS Kits Streets Kit (full adjustable), MK5 GTI/R32 version: 353 mm front (adjusted to the lowest possible setting), 343 mm back (can go 5 mm up or 25 mm down.) Wheels & tyres the same as before, spacers changed to 8 mm all around.

MSS Streets on A3 8PA

I'd like to go lower on the front as I had with the VWR but get something more comfortable, likely Eibach Pro if it was more comfortable than the VWR but kept the same as the VWR ride height. I'd like to keep the rear MSS Kits springs though as they are fantastic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_Dude
You might want to PM admin @Sandra and ask if she can make your post a sticky like the other one's we have . Just a thought mate as this 1 will get lost once others start posting about other things
Agree! The thread looks sticky. Perhaps @Sandra saw it already.

Reactions: Sandra
Bump .... People please post .... Would really like to see some pics+info
This will be a good thread

Sent from my DEVICE using Tapacar

Reactions: dp_motley and Sandra
Bump .... People please post .... Would really like to see some pics+info
This will be a good thread

I guess people are enjoying nice wether instead of crawling around their cars with a measuring tape :)

I ordered Eibach Pro Kit yesterday, waiting for delivery in a week. I bought all four springs though I needed the fronts only as I'm going to keep the MSS springs on the back anyway. I'll do all the measurements when the springs are fitted, then after they settle and the car is aligned.

Reactions: miltybilty
Front only, Eibach Pro Kit with Bilstein B8 dampers, Tyres are 225/40 R18, Fender to ground is 64cm and Fender to wheel is 3cm-ish

k9MdqVc.jpg

You don't have to get shorter shocks with Eibach Pro. The standard height shocks can work with the lowering up to 40 mm, however it's advised to use the shorter shock if you lower more than 30 mm.

The B8s are 25 mm shorter than stock or most other aftermarket shocks. But they are firmer too. I used them with VWR springs 2 months, then I replaced them with the B4s. The reason for the replacement was that the B8s were too firm and too "fast": they returned the car to its normal position too quick after a deep or a bump. The car felt truly planted and never lost contact with the pavement. The handling was great. I replaced them because my insides were shaking due higher g-force created by their "sportiness" and firmness all the time. Perhaps it was just age, I was 45 that time.

Front only, Eibach Pro Kit with Bilstein B8 dampers, Tyres are 225/40 R18, Fender to ground is 64cm and Fender to wheel is 3cm-ish

k9MdqVc.jpg
This is the ride height I want to achieve with the Eibach Pro on the front and MSS on the back. My front is 655 mm fender to ground at the moment and I want it at least 10 mm lower. I can adjust the back ride height dependent on the front later.

Are your rims 7.5 x 18? The tyres look more square than mine a little stretched on the 8 x 18.

Did you have to get the b8’ shortened ?
Yeah I did indeed, dropped by 20mm.

This is the ride height I want to achieve with the Eibach Pro on the front and MSS on the back. My front is 655 mm fender to ground at the moment and I want it at least 10 mm lower. I can adjust the back ride height dependent on the front later.

Are your rims 7.5 x 18? The tyres look more square than mine a little stretched on the 8 x 18.

Yep, they're 7.5 x 18

Last edited:
dp_motley, did you think about using Driver gear manual springs on the front of your car?

I think they would give near the drop your looking for well being as comfortable as stock .... I was thinking of some sorta half and half system for my quattroA3 where I used DG springs up front to preserve comfort and some other brand of spring that's an actual AWD spring .... DG springs are eibach but I think OEM rate.

I'm currently on VWR/racingline and the ride is appalling .... It tells me if I just hit a peice of scrap paper on the road .... I think my next kit to try is the eibach pro-kit for the Quattro .... Sorry if this is very off topic .... I can delete it, if need be.

dp_motley, did you think about using Driver gear manual springs on the front of your car?

I think they would give near the drop your looking for well being as comfortable as stock .... I was thinking of some sorta half and half system for my quattroA3 where I used DG springs up front to preserve comfort and some other brand of spring that's an actual AWD spring .... DG springs are eibach but I think OEM rate.

I'm currently on VWR/racingline and the ride is appalling .... It tells me if I just hit a peice of scrap paper on the road .... I think my next kit to try is the eibach pro-kit for the Quattro .... Sorry if this is very off topic .... I can delete it, if need be.

I thought of DG but went for VWR. The DG is an equivalent of sport springs with minimal drop, I believe -15 mm off the stock. The VWR lower more. I bought VWR because I was overwhelmed with all the info on the subject. I thought that VWR would drop my A3 by 20-25 mm not realising that those 20-25 mm was for MK5/6 GTI which was already lowered from stock. So I got approx -30 mm. Honestly, I liked the drop. I also was sure I chose the most comfortable springs. It's so easy to make mistake when you inexperienced in car modifications as I was two years ago.

You said your VWR told you when you hit a piece of paper on the road? I feel your pain. In addition, the rear springs sagged too much in just two years. In comparison, the MSS springs, despite having higher rate on the front, are much more comfortable. I even inflated the front tyres from 2.4 bar to 2.8 bar and the ride is nicer that on the VWR.

Reactions: miltybilty
Let me start.
Before >>> 2012 A3 1.6 TDI. Stock SE ride height 374 mm/372 mm (fender-to-wheel centre) on 225/45 R17 wheels, ET45

View attachment 156310 View attachment 156311

After >>> VWR Sports Springs & Bilstein B4 dampers, TT rear spring pads: 345 mm front, 337 mm back (-29 mm off the stock at the front), 225/40 R18 Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 tyres, genuine RS3 wheels, ET50, 5 mm spacers all around.

View attachment 156314 View attachment 156315

Latest >>> MSS Kits Streets Kit (full adjustable), MK5 GTI/R32 version: 353 mm front (adjusted to the lowest possible setting), 343 mm back (can go 5 mm up or 25 mm down.) Wheels & tyres the same as before, spacers changed to 8 mm all around.

View attachment 156318

I'd like to go lower on the front as I had with the VWR but get something more comfortable, likely Eibach Pro if it was more comfortable than the VWR but kept the same as the VWR ride height. I'd like to keep the rear MSS Kits springs though as they are fantastic.

Hi Ive just read your post and you know lots of info on suspension heights. I have a broken front coil spring on my A3 8P 140 ps sportback/sport? this is where I become confused all parts stores say is it a sport or std . I realy dont and dont to buy and fit wrong height springs to front ( im going to fit both sides as its 2008 tdi 2lt and has covered 80k miles. Any help will be gratefully appreciated . Simon ps I have a morello black A3 but your A3 in grey is amazing , I need to change my A3 ......

Hey Simon500 .... I don't know if I can help .... But I'd suggest calling vw parts department at a dealer, tell them your Vin# and as much trim level info as you know, and ask for a part number and price on the front coil spring.
It will have to match the color markings of your current springs to find the correct spring for your car.

I'm gonna delete this/my post in a few days as it is off topic and I want to see some pics of eibached A3's

Eibach Pro's on OEM SLine shocks
225/40/18 on Goodyear F1 front and Continental Contisport 5 rear

IMG 0566a

Last edited:
Reactions: S3 Rav, Dave-v-v, Lunch and 2 others

View attachment 157547
Looks good :) Do you have any measurements? I bet the s-line shocks are a little firmer than the SE. Are they firmer than the sports shocks or are they the same on both sport and s-line suspension? Do they match well the Pro Kit springs?

Got the Eibach Pro front springs fitted yesterday. My first impression is that they are softer than VWR and MSS, but give it time to settle.
After how many miles/kms did your Eibach Pro springs settle to their best performance, comfort and stance and allowed alignment? I'm going to wait a few weeks before I order the wheel alignment. I bet it's off as the car feels a little floaty.

While the auto mechanic did his part of the job, I took a side-by-side picture of the MSS Streets Kits fully adjustable front springs (MK5 R32 version), Eibach Pro front springs and VWR front springs. You can see that the Eibach Pro and VWR look the same, though the VWR is firmer while drops the car lower than the Eibach does. The MSS, even with the adjuster on top, is shorter and stiffer than the other two but at the same time it is more comfortable than the VWR and handles better than the Eibach and the VWR. But of course the MSS wasn't developed for the 8P platform, unfortunately.

MSS   Eibach Pro   VWR

Got the Eibach Pro front springs fitted yesterday. My first impression is that they are softer than VWR and MSS, but give it time to settle.
After how many miles/kms did your Eibach Pro springs settle to their best performance, comfort and stance and allowed alignment? I'm going to wait a few weeks before I order the wheel alignment. I bet it's off as the car feels a little floaty.

While the auto mechanic did his part of the job, I took a side-by-side picture of the MSS Streets Kits fully adjustable front springs (MK5 R32 version), Eibach Pro front springs and VWR front springs. You can see that the Eibach Pro and VWR look the same, though the VWR is firmer while drops the car lower than the Eibach does. The MSS, even with the adjuster on top, is shorter and stiffer than the other two but at the same time it is more comfortable than the VWR and handles better than the Eibach and the VWR. But of course the MSS wasn't developed for the 8P platform, unfortunately.

View attachment 157798

In my opinion it is pointless comparing these springs like you have because only the eibach pros are made for your A3. Although the other springs fit your a3 they are made for a completely different car which will be a different weight to yours.
I understand you want feedback and measurements etc but it’s unlikely anybody will be using those springs like you are. If you’re wanting feedback on the eibachs then there are plenty of posts on them if you search for them, but I do think you’d be better using them on the front and back as if not then you’re running an uneven setup so I personally don’t think you’d see or feel the best results.

In my opinion it is pointless comparing these springs like you have because only the eibach pros are made for your A3. Although the other springs fit your a3 they are made for a completely different car which will be a different weight to yours.
I understand you want feedback and measurements etc but it’s unlikely anybody will be using those springs like you are. If you’re wanting feedback on the eibachs then there are plenty of posts on them if you search for them, but I do think you’d be better using them on the front and back as if not then you’re running an uneven setup so I personally don’t think you’d see or feel the best results.

dp_motley started this thread! .... and it's stickied .... Searching on forums is next to impossible.
Believe me I have been searching for ages for info on the eibach pro-kit on this forum.

Did he ever he ever say that the other springs were made for his car? ....

Completely different is an over- statement .... The 8p, Mk5 golf and Mk6 golf, all share the identical subframe, right down to the part number ....

I am running Mk6 golf R springs on my 8P Quattro and they fit fine .... That's because the axle weights are very close to the R.

The fact of the matter is this .... most springs are cross vehicle swap-able as long as it's from FWD to FWD and from AWD to AWD .... Even then it's mainly the rear spring that matter.

I could run Mk6 GTI springs on the front of my car and it would be fine .... Due to the fact that the front of my car is very close in weight and due to the fact that everything mechanically is identical on the front end of my car and a DSG Mk6 GTI.

The issue is fwd springs will not work on the rear of a AWD due to weight(haldex system in rear) and AWD springs would make a fwd car sit higher in the rear if installed in the rear.

Uneven isn't necessarily an issue unless there is uncontrollable oversteer .... Which I doubt there will be, due to the fact that Audi's/vw's tend to understeer quite badly from the factory.

He is just asking for feedback and photos regarding people running eibach pro-kits on there 8P's ....

dp_motley started this thread! .... and it's stickied .... Searching on forums is next to impossible.
Believe me I have been searching for ages for info on the eibach pro-kit on this forum.

Did he ever he ever say that the other springs were made for his car? ....

Completely different is an over- statement .... The 8p, Mk5 golf and Mk6 golf, all share the identical subframe, right down to the part number ....

I am running Mk6 golf R springs on my 8P Quattro and they fit fine .... That's because the axle weights are very close to the R.

The fact of the matter is this .... most springs are cross vehicle swap-able as long as it's from FWD to FWD and from AWD to AWD .... Even then it's mainly the rear spring that matter.

I could run Mk6 GTI springs on the front of my car and it would be fine .... Due to the fact that the front of my car is very close in weight and due to the fact that everything mechanically is identical on the front end of my car and a DSG Mk6 GTI.

The issue is fwd springs will not work on the rear of a AWD due to weight(haldex system in rear) and AWD springs would make a fwd car sit higher in the rear if installed in the rear.

Uneven isn't necessarily an issue unless there is uncontrollable oversteer .... Which I doubt there will be, due to the fact that Audi's/vw's tend to understeer quite badly from the factory.

He is just asking for feedback and photos regarding people running eibach pro-kits on there 8P's ....

Yes I know it’s a sticky, it’s a sticky for pictures though.
I wasn’t saying the thread is pointless I was just replying to his last post about the 3 different springs and saying comparing them is pointless.
His profile is saying he has a 1.6tdi A3 so I’m guessing the eibach pro springs are for a 1.6tdi, but his other springs are for a golf gti which being a bigger engine will be heavier therefor the springs will be firmer so you can’t compare them as they’re made for different cars.
I agree with the facts of your post about cross compatible springs but I’m guessing the weight of an A3 1.6 tdi(that I think he has) and a golf GTI are going to be a bit different. If not then I apologise.

Yes I know it’s a sticky, it’s a sticky for pictures though.
I wasn’t saying the thread is pointless I was just replying to his last post about the 3 different springs and saying comparing them is pointless.
His profile is saying he has a 1.6tdi A3 so I’m guessing the eibach pro springs are for a 1.6tdi, but his other springs are for a golf gti which being a bigger engine will be heavier therefor the springs will be firmer so you can’t compare them as they’re made for different cars.
I agree with the facts of your post about cross compatible springs but I’m guessing the weight of an A3 1.6 tdi(that I think he has) and a golf GTI are going to be a bit different. If not then I apologise.
Hey,

Valid point .... I may now be spending the next little while researching engine weights and how the 1.6 is designed ....

Cheers

I know mine is lowered on eibach springs. Don't ask me which though! Makes a real difference to the look in my opinion

Attachments

• 20170815_001123.png
    20170815_001123.png
    540.4 KB · Views: 2,984
  • 20170815_001056.png
    20170815_001056.png
    707.9 KB · Views: 1,665
Did I tell that I already installed the Eibach Pro springs on the front? The picture below shows the drop after I drove the car for 1500 km, then I got all wheel alignment after 2000 km. Currently, the front is lowered to 350 mm if you measure from the wheel center to fender. The Eibach Pro is more comfortable than the VWR, indeed. I kept the MSS on the back though. Let me know if you need a set of the new rear Eibach Pro springs for a car with 1005 kg rear axle load (shipping to the UK can be expensive though).

A3 with Eibach Pro front and MSS Streets back

Reactions: Billers1812 and miltybilty
Bump .... I know a lot of people have fitted pro-kits to there 8P's .... let's some pictures and specs folks

I've got my pro-kit waiting to go on as soon as I've got the rest of the parts I need.

View attachment 157547
Have now swapped out the SLine shocks for Bilstein B8s. Initially I was quite disappointed the ride was still firm and felt no different to the Slines. Having been on a few weeks now the shocks do indeed match the springs very well but purely for controlled rebound - if you are looking for a softer ride then you’ll need to look elsewhere. This is purely from a cab perspective - there is more underbody stiffening than the tin tops.

Last edited:
Have now swapped out the SLine shocks for Bilstein B8s. Initially I was quite disappointed the ride was still firm and felt no different to the Slines. Having been on a few weeks now the shocks do indeed match the springs very well but purely for controlled rebound - if you are looking for a softer ride then you’ll need to look elsewhere. This is purely from a cab perspective - there is more underbody stiffening than the tin tops.
Ya I find my pro kit quite stiff .... Are roads are bad ....

Is yours firmer than your OE springs?

You should try and drive a stock S3 8P facelift and see what the ride is like?

I'd be interested to know ....

The B8 is too firm. That's why I replaced them with the B4 after two months. The ride on B4 with Eibach Pro is firmer than the SE but not too firm. There's no that rocket fast rebound as with the B8.

I read somewhere that it was possible to re-valve the B8 to B4 specs for all the B8 benefits with the B4 comfort. I guess it's gonna be expensive though.

The B8 is too firm. That's why I replaced them with the B4 after two months. The ride on B4 with Eibach Pro is firmer than the SE but not too firm. There's no that rocket fast rebound as with the B8.

I read somewhere that it was possible to re-valve the B8 to B4 specs for all the B8 benefits with the B4 comfort. I guess it's gonna be expensive though.
Interesting I was considering the B4s as well ... I think these would suit the cab better given the stiffened chassis.

Interesting I was considering the B4s as well ... I think these would suit the cab better given the stiffened chassis.
Given that the Eibach Pro is slightly firmer than the SE springs, perhaps close to the OEM sport springs, the slightly firmer B4 (oem replacement but with gas inside that adds a little more firmness in comparison to the oem shocks) is a perfect match, IMHO.

Hmmmm

So would B6 be good for the pro-kit?

There is additional underbody cross bracing that the other models don’t have.
Hmmm .... I would love if you got a picture of it .... Is it bolt up or welded ?

Sorry for taking this thread off topic dp_motley .... I haven't posted any pictures of my quattro sportback with the eibach fronts fitted yet because it's not all together ....

But I may anyway .... Even though it's just the fronts .... Well actually I am.
2b8077828bb22aa7258c3fecf631ed9a.jpg

Believe it’s welded ...
Interesting .... Any knowledge on the general area it's located .... Because id be interested in maybe seeing if it was possible to add to our sportbacks .... I find them too bendy, causing creaks and handling let downs ....