Eibach S3 Springs

JamS3

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm Eibachs pro kit lowering springs are the same for the S3 as for the 2.0 TFSI A3?

Reason I ask is that I have been eventually sent some to replace a damaged set off another car which I don't have and Eibach agreed to send my replacements for my current S3!

The sticker on the side of the box states A3 8P and the part numbers on the spring relate to the 2.0 TFSI Quattro, the website does not list the S3 only the 2.0 TFSI Quattro so are these springs for both models?

Dont want to put the wrong ones on and raise the height! The website says they will lower the front and rear by 30mm each however the S3 is 25mm lower than the other A3's anyway so I take it if they are the right springs then they will only lower by 5mm each front and back?

Website also states front axle load of 1150kg and rear 1125kg for the 2.0 TFSI Quattro springs so would this tie in with the new S3?

Cheers

They will probably fit but wont be what you want..

H&R list who sets of springs for the 8P A3 and the S3

I would say ask for your money back and get yourself a set of H&R S3 springs! :D

Jonny

JamS3 said:
Can anyone confirm Eibachs pro kit lowering springs are the same for the S3 as for the 2.0 TFSI A3?

Reason I ask is that I have been eventually sent some to replace a damaged set off another car which I don't have and Eibach agreed to send my replacements for my current S3!

The sticker on the side of the box states A3 8P and the part numbers on the spring relate to the 2.0 TFSI Quattro, the website does not list the S3 only the 2.0 TFSI Quattro so are these springs for both models?

Dont want to put the wrong ones on and raise the height! The website says they will lower the front and rear by 30mm each however the S3 is 25mm lower than the other A3's anyway so I take it if they are the right springs then they will only lower by 5mm each front and back?

Website also states front axle load of 1150kg and rear 1125kg for the 2.0 TFSI Quattro springs so would this tie in with the new S3?

Cheers

Damaged springs? Are the roads that bad where you live?:)

JohnS3 said:
Damaged springs? Are the roads that bad where you live?:)

One of them cracked in half on the rear on my old 8L S3 which resulted in a MOT failure!!

Heard a few more stories since of ones doing exactly the same...

Anyway found out today Eibach ONLY do front lowering springs, I was sent them in one box and a 2.0 TFSI Quattro kit in the other box!

They have NO plans to do a rear spring as when designing it they could not get the ride right therefore said for me only to put the front ones on.

I said I did not want to do this as it would look stupid and I would not like to think of the handling having a lowered front and standard rear!

So cut a long story short I'm sending the two springs back for the S3 and keeping the kit for the 2.0 TFSI A3 to sell on here. I have just ordered the H + R set from DPM today and doing the job proper with them!

I cant return the springs to Eibach as they were a warranty claim for faulty goods from Jan so they were good sending another kit out.

So if you know anyone who wants a BRAND NEW set (front and rear) of Eibach springs for their 2.0 TFSI Quattro or 1.9 / 2.0 TDI Quattro for a substantial saving on new give me a bell!