Eibach question

zygutis

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I know that there it's lots of threads about Eibach lowering springs, but i didn't find exatcly what i was looking for. So I would like to lower my car, my car is A3 8P 1.9Tdi, i have a look at my shock's and i think on the rear it's standart and in front bilstein's b6(probably). I was thinking about Pro-kit, i think rear is ok, but front stands little too high, how would my shocks would work with Eibach sportlines ? And maybe someone can show how their audi's look on pro kit or sportlines and 18'' rims ;) Thanks

Hello everyone, I know that there it's lots of threads about Eibach lowering springs, but i didn't find exatcly what i was looking for. So I would like to lower my car, my car is A3 8P 1.9Tdi, i have a look at my shock's and i think on the rear it's standart and in front bilstein's b6(probably). I was thinking about Pro-kit, i think rear is ok, but front stands little too high, how would my shocks would work with Eibach sportlines ? And maybe someone can show how their audi's look on pro kit or sportlines and 18'' rims ;) Thanks

Not the best photo but my old s-line a3 1.8tfsi was on eibach springs with standard shocks, I put coilovers on eventually but the lowered springs were comfier to drive on and still acted fine with the stock springs, I still have the oem shocks and eibach springs if you’re interested in them

c69e2f500eb6e8066a97fe8991ded20c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you fit the lower springs the shocks will need shortening by the same amount or changing to shortened b8s, otherwise the shock won’t clamp the shorter spring when you fit the strut mount

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: ch1z64
On shorter shocks Pro's I think and Eibach springs 20mm lower at front Standard at rear

Attachments

• 9648-1523651581-b4e26640ddbf375389055e9d56229982.jpg
    9648-1523651581-b4e26640ddbf375389055e9d56229982.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 9638-1523650901-12cacdc6c81fbf7aceeb68f0729bc877.jpg
    9638-1523650901-12cacdc6c81fbf7aceeb68f0729bc877.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 59
The B6 would keep your car 5-7 mm higher than the oem shocks. I have the B4 and Eibach Pro and the drop was 25 mm only (not 30 mm promised by Eibach). There are a lot of pictures in this thread.

The B6 would keep your car 5-7 mm higher than the oem shocks. I have the B4 and Eibach Pro and the drop was 25 mm only (not 30 mm promised by Eibach). There are a lot of pictures in this thread.
Yeah i saw your car, looks good, I also have rotor's 8x18'' replicas in hyper silver, but mine's 3dr, so you're saying that i will get only about 20mm drop in front ? Is there any other options to get front little bit lower without changing shock's ?

Yeah i saw your car, looks good, I also have rotor's 8x18'' replicas in hyper silver, but mine's 3dr, so you're saying that i will get only about 20mm drop in front ? Is there any other options to get front little bit lower without changing shock's ?
If you want lower, go for Sportlines as they offer more drop. My A3 was 7-8 mm lower on VWR springs with the same B4 shocks as it's now on Pros. But suspension was firmer too and I'm getting older, so replaced the VWR with the Eibach Pro for comfort's sake after two years. I tell you about my experience with the VWR because the Sportlines, if to trust reviews, are very close to VWR. You can expect approx. 30 mm drop on Sportlines w/B6 shocks. But again, if your rear shocks are oem, you can get more drop on the rear and as follows more reverse rake. Are you sure you want to keep the B6 on the front?

I don't want to spend lots of money, you know, student's life :D And as it looks, b6 shocks are not worn out that i have to replace them :( So, probably I will get Pros, it will be the best desicion without spending lots of money. P.S. sportlines are nice in front, but in back they are too low, and they could not stick to me because I often have 2 passengers in back seats and full trunk :D

My cabrio is shown in the Eibach link above. I was on Pros with SLine shocks which was not bad but the shocks after only 30k were squeaking all over the place. I switched to the B8s and the ride quality seemed no different initially and it was slightly higher sitting. A few months later after all settled and I really like the setup and this is on a cab which is far more skittish than the tin tops. I need to take another pick to show what the current ride height is - will do this coming weekend.

My cabrio is shown in the Eibach link above. I was on Pros with SLine shocks which was not bad but the shocks after only 30k were squeaking all over the place. I switched to the B8s and the ride quality seemed no different initially and it was slightly higher sitting. A few months later after all settled and I really like the setup and this is on a cab which is far more skittish than the tin tops. I need to take another pick to show what the current ride height is - will do this coming weekend.
Saw your cabrio, it's sitting like I want to sit mine :)

I always was thinking that I have Bilstein B6, but today i checked it again, made a pic of part number: F4-Ve3-b376-h2, tried to google it, but here is ''old part number'' but all i can see is talking about that here is Bilstein B8, maybe someone can confirm that here is really B8's ?