Eibach Pro-kit Springs

Serberus

Reaction score
I'm getting a set of Eibach Pro-kit springs. I have an 2.0 TDI - there are two listed for the 2.0 TDI on this page - what's the difference?

A 3 (8P) 2.0 TFSI, 2.0 TDI 05.03 - 10-15-007-03-22 £121.86
A 3 (8P) 2.0 TFSI, 2.0 TDI 07.03 - 10-15-007-09-22 £121.86

One from May '03 onwards, the other from July '03.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/eibach/eibach_audi.html

I'm not replacing my shocks (Sport trim). I've read that shouldn't be a problem running OEM shocks with Pro-kit springs?

shouldnt be a problem but what springs are you getting mm wise? 30mm? 50mm??

maybe in the long run you might be interested in changing the shocks or gettin a full set up

phone up awesome and ask for sarah - say you are a ASN member and get 10% discount plus what ever other bargaining skills you may have eg free postage!

How much would these lower an S-Line tdi quattro?

Cheers for the info. I'm going for 30mm, 50mm would be a bit extreme and I'd definately be rubbing the arches around corners / with passengers. I just upgraded to 19's.

Might do the shocks at a later date, I don't do huge mileage now (infact a mere 6k a year, 4k commuting and ~2k social) - will see how the OEMs work out.

Still lost as to the difference between those two sets of Pro-kit springs.

Infact, I never thought about it - I've a TDI Sport, which is 1 - 1.5" lower than the SE anyway (I think?), do these Eibach's drop 30mm on the Sport or is that from the stock height of the SE?

There are 2 different part numbers because on axle weight
You will need to find out axle weight of your car
The top number will be for the lighter one
We sell our Eibach parts cheaper than retail and we hold a BIG amount of stock on Eibach parts too ;)
So give me a shout if I can help anyone ;)
Sarah

I have some Eibach pro kit springs if you want to buy them i bought them last year for my A3 2.0 TDI S LINE 3 DR they give 30mm drop. They are brand new in the box never fitted them as mine is a company car and i thought it eas not a good idea after i bought them.

Let me know if your intersested looking for £75 inc postage.

paul051 said:
I have some Eibach pro kit springs if you want to buy them i bought them last year for my A3 2.0 TDI S LINE 3 DR they give 30mm drop. They are brand new in the box never fitted them as mine is a company car and i thought it eas not a good idea after i bought them.

Let me know if your intersested looking for £75 inc postage.

Mmmmm good price ;)
Sarah

AwesomeSarah said:
There are 2 different part numbers because on axle weight
You will need to find out axle weight of your car
The top number will be for the lighter one
We sell our Eibach parts cheaper than retail and we hold a BIG amount of stock on Eibach parts too ;)
So give me a shout if I can help anyone ;)
Sarah

From Audi's website, for a A3 sportback8P S-Line 2.0TDI 170DPF quattro 6-speed:-

Unladenweight1480 Kg Gross Weight Limit2040 Kg
Roof Load Limit75 Kg
Trailer Weight Limit Unbreaked750 Kg
Trailer Weight Limit Gradient 81800 Kg
Trailer Weight Limit Gradient 121600 Kg
So which springs would be the right ones? And how much do they lower the S-line?

I might just take those off you then Paul :)

Thanks for the stats maars - though mine isn't a sportback (it's a 3 door TDI Sport), and is a 140 remapped to 170 (non DPF).

According to my owners manual the 2.0 TDI Manual has the following axle weights:

Max front: 1085KG
Max rear: 975KG

I bought paul051's Pro-kit off him, cheers Paul :icon_thumright:

I've not fitted the kit yet, just looking at my car, not sure I'm gonna have 30mm clearance between the arch and the tyre due to the offset on the 19" RS4 alloys I've got.

Anyone else running these with a 30mm drop or more?

This weekend I'm gonna fit the springs, I'll try the fronts first and if the tyre fits the arch OK it should be all good.

Serberus said:
I bought paul051's Pro-kit off him, cheers Paul :icon_thumright:

I've not fitted the kit yet, just looking at my car, not sure I'm gonna have 30mm clearance between the arch and the tyre due to the offset on the 19" RS4 alloys I've got.

Anyone else running these with a 30mm drop or more?

This weekend I'm gonna fit the springs, I'll try the fronts first and if the tyre fits the arch OK it should be all good.

No problem mate!!!