Eibach or H&R

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
Morning all. My new wheels will be here tomorrow but Im still undecided on what lowering springs to get for the S3. I am not spending a fortune on coilovers so springs it has to be for the moment. Have heard and read afew comments on just lowering the front with the Eibach springs but then again Ive also read its better to do all 4 corners so use the H&R lowering springs. Can anyone comment on what would be best to lower my S3 (2012) to compliment the new 19" BBS CK's.

Bro as u have 19s any lowering will cause rub on the back. I have the same setup H&R springs and I have taken out the back arch screw. H&R gets my vote. Ask Greame, he should sort you out with a nice kit ;)

Have done that, thanks Ilim. I know of a few that have done the front only as the rear of the S3 sits low anyway so wanted to know if they recommend just doing the front or if they had any handling problems which resulted in the rear having to be done. I think Warren and Paullie did the front only..........but will stand corrected if I am wrong.

I have had my H&R in my S3 nearly 3 years and they are perfect. I will be buying H&R from now on I think for other cars! The only spring I have ever used that genuinely lowers the car to what it claims.

Hi mark i have h&r springs coming off soon drop me a pm..john

Bro as u have 19s any lowering will cause rub on the back. I have the same setup H&R springs and I have taken out the back arch screw. H&R gets my vote. Ask Greame, he should sort you out with a nice kit ;)

What offset, width and tyres are you running? I've never had any rubbing issues with the H&Rs with 19x8.5J ET48 wearing 225/35R19s

They give a good drop, but like I said before Mark, the ride can be bouncy. Seems to depend on the individual car though, some people are just lucky and get the drop without the bounce.

And here she is sporting the new 19" BBS CK's. Set of H&R lowering springs are coming. The back end isnt too bad IMO. Managed to ger her washed and dried before the obligatory Scottish rain appeared.

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

Reactions: Juicy Jen, Kelza, Sandra and 1 other person
looking sweet Mark lad :salute: will the H&R's give much in drop?

I too have some H&R's coming off soon, anyone needs.. pm me

how come everyone is taking off their H&R's :think: well 2 of you....

Last edited:
You've made the right choice with the H&R's, I'm on my 3rd car running them and they have always been spot on for me.
It's only a 25mm drop on the S3 but as it's already 10mm below S-line it sits just right IMHO.
Running 215's at the moment with no issues but I have a set of 225's to go on as and when I get round to it with an offset of ET44 on the BBS CKII's , also ran 225's on the sportback with never so much as a rub.
63392F67-orig.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

My car is going in a few weeks as I await the long delayed arrival of my new beast :wub:

what you going for Chris? :think: beast sounds very promising! :yes: (if i haves you this before, sorry lad)

And here she is sporting the new 19" BBS CK's. Set of H&R lowering springs are coming. The back end isnt too bad IMO. Managed to ger her washed and dried before the obligatory Scottish rain appeared.

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

Looking so awesome mark :) x