Eibach or H&R with Bilstein B8s

darrenmarky

Reaction score
I’m limited to a 35mm or 45mm drop on my model B7 sline , anyone got pictures of b8s with eibach and H&R springs? Can’t decide which is best .

IMG 20200914 192553247 copy 2817x1218

Bilstein B12 kit.
B8 shocks and Eibach Sportline springs. Eibach don't do springs for a quattro though, so your options might be limited.

A subtle drop looks better to my eyes

From experience Both H&R and Eibach Sportlines drop too much over stock. (looks like suspension has broken - red advant posted above looks like its dragging its behind)
Eibach Pro Kit sprints always look the best to my eye, low but not too low

From experience Both H&R and Eibach Sportlines drop too much over stock. (looks like suspension has broken - red advant posted above looks like its dragging its behind)

What experience do you have of H&R and Eibach Sportlines?
I did a lot of research before fitting Sportlines to my **** dragging Avant. And if you already have S(hite) line suspension then Eibach Pros don't lower it at all. It won't be subtle, it'll be non-existant.
Bilstein B8s are designed to be matched to lowering springs.

Reactions: Charlie Farley

Sorry chap but as a b7 avant owner of nearly 7 years and having tried various combinations of damper/spring , the H&R 45mm setup with Bilstein B8 dampers is far from as you describe.
Maybe you have seen some less than ideal setups , the H&R is a very good option.
Avants do run slightly uneven as factory .

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
What experience do you have of H&R and Eibach Sportlines?
I did a lot of research before fitting Sportlines to my **** dragging Avant. And if you already have S(hite) line suspension then Eibach Pros don't lower it at all. It won't be subtle, it'll be non-existant.
Bilstein B8s are designed to be matched to lowering springs.
I ran H&R’s on my E90 BMW for around 6 months and then reverted back to Msport springs, was too low for me.

i have used Eibach Sportlines on a Golf MkIV GT, Eibach Pro Kit on a Fabia vRS
Eibach Pro Kit on an E92 bmw

just my personal opinion, subtle lows with a nose down look are what looks best to me. Rear rake doesn’t look great and was a gripe i had with the h&r’s i had on my E90 (also looked like it was dragging it’s ****)

The only way a very visually nose down rear up can be achieved with the B7 avant variants is by fitting coilovers .
It's possible to fit lower spring cups to the fronts but not ideal.
My avant is pretty well even and looks fine, but hey personal preference really, I'm not sure comparing B7 avants with golf and bmw's is really that accurate from a ride height view.
Still whatever works for you really

cheers
rob

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Bigjase88
Hi guys. Any advice on audi a1 1.6tdi sport? Im looking to get the b4 dampers with st by kw springs 30mm? Thanks