Eibach or H&R springs for 2.0T quattro

co55ie

Reaction score
I have been trying to find out if Eibach or H&R do lowering spring for the 2.0T Quattro . I have found the 3.2 Quattro listed by both manufacturers but not the 2.0T Quattro. Obviously the 3.2 springs would fit but the front ones would be the wrong rate due to the 3.2's heavier engine.

Has anyone else lowered a quattro 2.0T Sline ?

I was looking for more around the 40mm mark as my cars an S line which I believe is about 20 - 25mm mm lower than the standard spec.

Are the H&R springs for the FWD 2.0T or the Quattro ? as I havent been able to see any specifically for the quattro and wouldnt have thought the FWD springs would have been suitable . Although I maybe wrong

i bought kw springs for mine they lower it 40mm,but ive not fitted them yet because of the steering issues

Don't bother with a 40mm drop, you will not notice the drop in height.

Look in the sticky post pics of your car thread, you'll see some pics of my xcar, standard, eibach prokit and eibach sportline. you can only really notice a difference with the sportline kit.

What shocks are you going with?

J.

Not experienced it myself, but allegendly the H&R kit is a slightly more comfortable ride.

marriedblonde said:

J.

Thats the problem all the main maufacturers only list dampers for the FWD or 3.2 quattro and not the 2.0 quattro . Koni Bilstein etc etc

I have considered KW variant 3 who again only do a kit for the 3.2 quattro but can make some different springs to suit the lighter 2.0t front end . But I am not sure if I want to go with the coilover route incase the ride becomes overly harsh

marriedblonde said:
Don't bother with a 40mm drop, you will not notice the drop in height.

Look in the sticky post pics of your car thread, you'll see some pics of my xcar, standard, eibach prokit and eibach sportline. you can only really notice a difference with the sportline kit.

J.

How much does the sportline kit lower the car by ?

no need to go to mad,i thought the 40mm drop was a good compromise between to pro kit and the sportline,the prokit lowers 10mm over the standard s line suspension,so the kw's will give a 20mm drop over standard s line,or another way to look at it is 40mm over a standard a3?.

What about the Sport suspenssion, what are the drops on the sport? And how do changing your springs effect your warrenty?

The prokit only lowers the s-line by approx 5mm

The sportline lowers by 45mm/50mm.

With the Prokit.

audi_beach_1.JPG

audi_beach_2.JPG

audi_beach_3.JPG

With the sportline kit.

audi_2.jpg

audi_3.jpg

audi_4.jpg

audi_5.jpg

audi_6.jpg

Looks great with the sportline kit fitted thats the sort of drop I am after but they aernt available for my ****** car !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol typical.

How does the car cope with speedbumps and silimar with the sportline kit fitted ?

With the eibachs the ride is better than standard S-line. not stiffer but definately less choppy.

The ride with the sportlines is stiffer but not that bad. I'm not some 20 year old boy racer and do appreciate some sort of ride comfort especially as I cover 25K miles a year in it.

Speed bumps are not really a problem, occasionally if I go over one with a bit too much vigour the sh!t tray under the engine scrapes.

J.