Eibach or H&R arb's

scotty_24

Reaction score
Hello all.
Looking to buy an anti roll bar kit on payday.
Do I go for eibach F 26mm R24mm or h&r F 25mm R 21mm ?
I've read a bigger difference in front to rear is better, any truth in this?
What do you guys run?

Cheers

Thickness analysis is irrelevant when comparing brands that use different materials.

The idea behind arb kits is to nutralise over/under steer. In the S3's case its under steer.

Teamed with a proper suspension setup, fresh bushes and decent tyres either kit will be a great addition.

I went for H&R's but purely because you have 2 settings for front and back to can have a bit of a play and it may have something to with got H&R coilovers :eyebrows:

Bigger the rear is in comparison to front = more oversteer. Thickest isnt always best, depends on suspension setup and whats more important is gettong the proportions of the bars right. If you have uprated suspension already then an r32 rear arb might suffice, that makes the rear same as front 19 + 19, which will no doubt get rid of the understeer of a lard **** s3

It's an S3. No other suspension mods as yet, plan is to get fk highsport or Ap coilovers next month.
Main aim is to reduce body roll and get rid of the cars terrible habit of understeering horrifically!

Also depends on how you drive too i suppose. Ive got ap coilovers coming and il get an r32 rear arb, because i dont really want it too stiff in the corners as its a daily driver, but I think its better value for money than an expensive front and rear kit, that for a road car might make it really stiff in corners. That's my reasons for my choice anyway

If I were you I'd spend you money on better coilovers and leave the arb's till the next time. H&R twin tube would be within your budget if you put the ap and arb kit money together. You'd have a quality stainless steel coilover, properly setup H&R springs with vastly superior Koni damping.

An arb kit is in fact the last thing I'd do in a suspension revamp.

I'd prioritise handling upgrades like this -

1. Fresh Bushes
2. Quality Tyres
3. Springs/Dampers or Coilovers
4. ARBS

Unless you follow these steps there's no point doing the following step imho.

Only reason I need to buy an arb kit is because the collars on mine are broken and the bar has loads I free play.
I'm not ****ing to skimp out on anything, not on a nice car like the S3

Only reason I need to buy an arb kit is because the collars on mine are broken and the bar has loads I free play.
I'm not ****ing to skimp out on anything, not on a nice car like the S3

I dont know what you were trying to say there that got censored?

You never mentioned on the thread that you need to replace the arb's as a matter of necessity.

AP are an economy coilover by the way. Dont be deluded into thinking they are something they're not.

Last edited:
virtually the same as any other none adustable coilover. kw v1, weitec etc etc. a reputable brand

You think? So theres no point in buying a KW setup over AP, KW's economy offering? By that rational why not just buy JOM?

a basic v1 isnt going to differ much to an Ap set no. they are both reputable brands. and both none adjustable coilovers.
jom, buy cheap buy twice, hardly the quality of the others are they.

a basic v1 isnt going to differ much to an Ap set no. they are both reputable brands. and both none adjustable coilovers.
jom, buy cheap buy twice, hardly the quality of the others are they.

The dampers are better in KW V1 than the cheaper ones used in the AP's.

You get what you pay for is a paramount principle when considering coilovers.

Ive driven a considerable amount of cars with various grades of coilover and I can honestly say the difference is noticeable.

Last edited:
Depends what you are using the car for. I've had my APs fitted for over two years and have been great.

Lol sorry the censored bit meant to say looking but my iPhone changed it to F*c*ing.
Yeah I'm doing the arbs out if necessity, but I really don't want to cheap out at all. But at the same time, I can't afford thousands.
To me the eibach kit alongside a mid range coilovers kit sounds good.
I mentioned Ap is my friend has them on his Leon and I like the way they ride.
Cheers for all the help guys

I had AP coilovers fitted earlier this year and they are adjustable and, I'm more than pleased with them.

DC

i have a eibach front 25mm anti roll bar with fk coilovers and h&r adjustable drop links. we found that the drop links had to be heavily modified in order to clear the driveshaft on the drivers side.