eibach coilovers,any good?

Ryanc

Reaction score
Has anyone got eibach coilovers,they seem good value for adjustables.

I have the Pro-Street S, and they're utterly amazing. Very smooth at normal town speeds, but stonking in the corners. Height adjustable only though, no bounce/rebound adjustment.

The coilovers are pretty harsh from what i;ve heard. I fitted some FK Highsports to a MkIV the other week, and was really impressed with them. No adjustable rebound, but they had got it just right! Good price too!

Eibach coilovers are anything but harsh!

I was expecting the worst when I drove away after having them fitted but I was almost disapointed after paying top dollar for a sussy set-up as it was so nice. Eibach coilovers are the most incredible aftermarket set-up i've ever driven.

I paid £725 plus fitting for mine, and it's the best money I've spent one the car (besides the remap)

Don't know if there the pro street s,just listed as coilovers?

It was the pro-street S that i was referring to as harsh. i've got no personal experience, but had a customer with them on an A3, and said that they were pretty solid.

Rich

Eibach do two versions of their coilovers for the S3; the Pro Street S are the stainless steel ones, and the regular Pro Street that are non-stainless.

I've heard mixed reports about the Eibachs, but only good things about the FK's.

From what I've heard the Eibachs are too harsh on the A3, where as the FK's seem to be a good balance between uprated and standard in terms of ride quality.

May be different of the S3 though?

Would love some coil-overs for mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

After I had the Eibachs fitted, one of the most common questions I had when people got in the car was "I thought you were getting the suspension done?"

Around town, the progressiveness makes them as comfortable as the OEM set-up. May be harsher than the A3 set-up, but nearly the same as the S3. Big difference comes when the steering wheel turns...