Eibach bilstein set up

S38pkyle-ing

Reaction score
So After months of umm’ing and ahhh’ing I finally got some bilstein b8’s dampers and eibach pro kit springs to fit onto my 8P S3.

However now need to send the front shocks off to be shortened and I’ve finally got round to doing it. I Rang bilstein today and they said just send them the with a note saying how much they needed shortened.

My question is has anyone gone through this before....I’ve heard someone say they needed to be shortened 20mm and others say 30mm. Just wondering if there is a generic definitive measurement. I’ve attached some pics on the end of here too.

Any advice would be grateful cheers troops.

4DA41941 3DF9 4A88 93FB 87D3864C288D
EFA920DC CB72 442B B474 6F0D5327F470
F0315B1A 354B 412D ABA9 9B72B04E1235

Looks like you have 20mm gap and I’m guessing the top mount is at the bottom of its travel? So if you go 20mm shorter the spring may not be clamped or touch the top mount, I’d go 30 to make sure the top mount contacts the spring well.

The ride height is determined by the spring length not the damper.

Think mine was 30 shorter on same set up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: S38pkyle-ing
Looks like you have 20mm gap and I’m guessing the top mount is at the bottom of its travel? So if you go 20mm shorter the spring may not be clamped or touch the top mount, I’d go 30 to make sure the top mount contacts the spring well.

The ride height is determined by the spring length not the damper.

Think mine was 30 shorter on same set up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cheers mate. Yeh I just wasn’t sure if I could go past the 20mm mark with those springs. Thanks for clearing this up I’ll go with a 30mm drop.

Reactions: mechanic69
So After months of umm’ing and ahhh’ing I finally got some bilstein b8’s dampers and eibach pro kit springs to fit onto my 8P S3.

However now need to send the front shocks off to be shortened and I’ve finally got round to doing it. I Rang bilstein today and they said just send them the with a note saying how much they needed shortened.

My question is has anyone gone through this before....I’ve heard someone say they needed to be shortened 20mm and others say 30mm. Just wondering if there is a generic definitive measurement. I’ve attached some pics on the end of here too.

Any advice would be grateful cheers troops.

View attachment 164175 View attachment 164177 View attachment 164176
It's 30mm

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index.php?posts/2220730

Post number 155 ....

Sent from my DEVICE using Tapacar

Reactions: S38pkyle-ing
Just something to remember when lowering a Car ( i found out the hard way lowered 20mm ) if your needing your car recovered you may not have enough clearance to get up the ramp due to bottom off bumper scrapeing

Just something to remember when lowering a Car ( i found out the hard way lowered 20mm ) if your needing your car recovered you may not have enough clearance to get up the ramp due to bottom off bumper scrapeing
I’ve got a couple of planks to keep in the boot ready mate haha