Eibach B12 Kit for 1.8 TQS

midas

Reaction score
I’ve searched a few forums, but can’t quite get to what I want to know, or indeed see.

Im looking at suspension kits, as I don’t particularly want to go with coil overs, I’m looking at an Eibach B12 kit. I had an E36 kit with a B10 kit years ago, and was always impressed with it, and didn’t lose ride comfort either.

I’m yet to successfully find any images of B5’s with this kit fitted, to gauge ride height etc. I’m going to be fitting 18” BBS CH wheels in a few months, and want to know that it will sit well with these wheels combined with the drop the B12 kit affords.

Also, I did find a thread, suggesting that even when ordering a kit, you should order the one without A/C even if you have A/C. Something to do with how the car will sit after they have settled. Not sure about this as it sounds back to front for me, anybody else heard or seen evidence to do with this, or if it’s just keyboard warrior bull.

Any help greatfully received, as it’s an expensive layout and don’t want to get it wrong.

Thanks guys.

Give these guys a call and they’ll keep you right. I also recall something about the AC kit issue but either of these companies will tell you for sure.

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/bilstein-b12-pro-kit-suspension-kits.html

Eddie @ WOT motorsport.

https://www.wotmotorsport.com

I’ve bought and ran the B12 kit in both my previous TQS and now my current S4. Best of both worlds, stiff enough for fast road driving without sacrificing on city roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the b12 kit on my S4, good setup and sits nicely without being too low, but I’m considering breaking the car now, they’ve only been on the car 5 months and only done 100 miles so they are in perfect condition, let me know if you’re interested in them, be a saving over buying new and have the new top mounts, also have new rear turrets that were blasted, zinc coated and powder coated black, also have full poly bushed and refurbed rear suspension and subframe etc, again only 100 miles on the lot since fitting in summer

I have the b12 kit on my S4, good setup and sits nicely without being too low, but I’m considering breaking the car now, they’ve only been on the car 5 months and only done 100 miles so they are in perfect condition, let me know if you’re interested in them, be a saving over buying new and have the new top mounts, also have new rear turrets that were blasted, zinc coated and powder coated black, also have full poly bushed and refurbed rear suspension and subframe etc, again only 100 miles on the lot since fitting in summer

Blimey, that’s a lot of work done there to be now breaking it.........is that Because it’s worth more in parts than as a whole?

Id consider that suspension setup, but I think the B12 kit you have from an S4 would be different on damping rate and spring rate to a 1.8t Quattro.

I’ve just got upper rear arms to poly bush. Trying to get hold of turrets, and all the rear arms. Plus a full set of front arms etc. When I fit the B12 kit, I’ll fit all the new arms as well, hopefully in one go.

Yeah it was a lot of work and money but I’ve decided to move on from the B5 platform due to the costs in maintaining and running the S4, they’re not the most reliable things and you’re always chasing problems with them! So I don’t want to be spending any more money on it now, I don’t actually know if there is a difference between the b12 kits but there could easily be,

plan was to refurb the font subframe and new arms when I fitted the k04 turbos but they’ve now been sold along with the other parts I had and the car is worth a lot more in parts than selling it complete,

If you need any parts then just ask, as I said the whole rear end is refurbed with new poly bushes, eccentric bolts, turrets, subframe poly bushes and rear diff carrier poly bushes, big brake setup all round with the 300mm rears and brembo 18z fronts

I see so many RS4’s being broken now, which look like barely anything wrong with them, so yeah I think it’s getting that way now, where certain B5’s are worth more in parts than a whole, shame really.

I know my B12 kit that I need is a E90-15-003-13-22. I’ve tried looking on the Eibach web at and I can’t find the part number for B12 kit on an S4, would you know which part number you bought?

Would always be interested in the turrets if the price is right etc.

Hi, the bilstein part number I have is 46-183316 which comparing to your eibach part number is a different setup so these won’t be any good for the tqs

the turrets are the same across the B5 quattro so they’ll fit fine and will be £300, cheaper than new ones (£483 from Audi with discount) and will last longer too although I do have someone interested in the turrets with the bilstein kit for a S4 so if you could let me know either way

thanks

Alan