EGT Sensor

tobys3

Reaction score
My EGT sensor has failed according to VAGCOM exhaust gas temp G235 implausible signal. My car also failed its MOT on emissions and l am pretty sure this is the reason why. I am searching around for a second hand one as they are nearly £200 new and l am pretty broke after buying my S3. I was just wondering if anyone had a spare working one they would be willing to sell. I have tried loads of the breakers on ebay but no luck so far. Part number is 06A 919 529

Cheers

its a ****** expensive part. Not sure how easy it would be to fit as mine was replaced when the exhaust was off (the sensor is on the downpipe). You can see it if you look down the back of the engine.

Yeah l managed to find it when following the braided cable around the engine it looks like a ***** to remove. There is no space around it really.

ive just had mine replaced, yeah its not a cheap part and a ***** to get to

its a ****** expensive part. Not sure how easy it would be to fit as mine was replaced when the exhaust was off (the sensor is on the downpipe). You can see it if you look down the back of the engine.

no, egt is in the turbo. pre cat lambda is in exhaust.

i was very lucky to get one off ebay for 40 quid. just gotta be lucky, or bite the bullet and go the dealers.

to get to it better, remove your charge pipe and you'l have a bit more room with a spanner (17mm) with your left hand

I scored for one off ebay, cost £60. They aint cheap normally though!!