1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Toblahoe

Toblahoe Active Member Team Phantom TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

Hi All,

My EGR is knackered and kept putting the car into limp mode, as a temp fix I just pulled the cable out and the car runs fine, however it throws a engine management light now. With the new MOT rules it'll need sorting, I'm planning on just blanking it, but I'm not sure how to get rid of the light.

Will VCDS sort this? The car is remapped, I'm not sure if the EGR settings or anything was changing during that.

Thanks,

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Team Imola TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Might be worth having a chat with the company that mapped the car to see if there is anything they can do .

Toblahoe likes this.
  4. guyzza75

guyzza75 Member

I believe this has to be done with software in the ECU ..my mate had it done on his A3 cost about 250 to blank the egr and place a delete in the software. I tried it on my A4 and the light kept coming on even with a hole in the blanking plate..I couldn't bypass it woth VCDS , but not an expert with it ...sorry

Toblahoe likes this.