EGR leaking lots of oil - How to stop this?

scottshere

Reaction score
How do you stop the oil from leaking out the EGR and onto the airbox
Would cleaning it out help or changing rubbers or is it a case of a full replacement

I have blanked the EGR off and got the EML on, but living with this.. Thought the oil would stop after blanking it off

Any thoughts?

Mines doing the same, its leaking from 2 small holes either side of the EGR valve, I'm getting a proper blanking kit for it now which will stop it, see if yours if coming from the same place.

It's the exhaust fumes mixing with a bit of oil mist from the air intake

Blanking off the egr will stop it and clean the egr too

Blanked it off already at the manifold only though... Have stuck a golf tee in the Vac pipe on top, but not touched the other Vac pipe
Maybe i need to get it off completly to clean it out and see if it is actually still leaking.
What could i use to get the oil off the airbox etc?
I have got some turps in the cellar

Get another blanking plate to actually go onto the egr valve, i've got one on mine but it does still leak but as mentioned above mines coming out of the 2 small holes either side of the egr valve, then its dropping onto the exhaust.

Get another blanking plate to actually go onto the egr valve, i've got one on mine but it does still leak but as mentioned above mines coming out of the 2 small holes either side of the egr valve, then its dropping onto the exhaust.

Will do that and see if it helps

'Wynn's fuel injector air intake and carburettor cleaner' is pretty good at shifting thick oily deposits, it comes in an aerosol can costs about a fiver. Not sure if it is suitable for use on plastic, I've used it sparringly on few plastic components without any problems - should be ok.