EGR & DPF delete! Any problems

Swanny356

Reaction score
After a repeated fault with my EGR my garage is suggesting bypassing the EGR and removing the DPF.

Anyone had any problems after doing this?

From what I'm told I should get more power and a better exhaust / engine sound.

It's either this or a new EGR.

I've deleted every egr on my vehicles since 2001
Not had any negative impact

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: BD55SOL and Swanny356
Thanks HOGG.

Just waiting for the garage to give me a price to do it:scared2:

I'll then have to tell my wife:slapped:

Double check the DPF removal as MOT stations are now more so checking if they have been removed or tampered with!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Best to gut the dpf from underneath so you can’t see it’s been done.

Any visible tampering or removal will result in an MOT failiure.

Technically though, the car runs great no problems what so ever and is much more reliable.

I’d also recommend swirl flap removal as a preventative action.

My garage has come back and would need to charge @ £700 to gut the DPF alone!

Apparently, on mine they need to unbolt the rear sub-frame, drop the engine to enable them to get good access.

Therefore decided to just replace the EGR at a cost of £250.

Bit disappointed but can't justify @ £1k in labour when I'm looking to change it this year.:wtf:

Don't want someone having potential future MOT issues either.

Next decision is what car to buy next as I'm now doing 60 miles a day and the old V6 3.0 is not the most economical.

Real fun though :racer:

My garage has come back and would need to charge @ £700 to gut the DPF alone!

Apparently, on mine they need to unbolt the rear sub-frame, drop the engine to enable them to get good access.

Therefore decided to just replace the EGR at a cost of £250.

Bit disappointed but can't justify @ £1k in labour when I'm looking to change it this year.:wtf:

Don't want someone having potential future MOT issues either.

Next decision is what car to buy next as I'm now doing 60 miles a day and the old V6 3.0 is not the most economical.

Real fun though :racer:

Where are you? Avon tuning in Bristol gut the early A5 dpf for £250. It’s not an engine out job. Worst case it’s dropping gearbox.

Also I believe blanking the EGR when you still have a DPF is detrimental to the DPF and could clog it, causing major issues later down the line.

Cheers all, I’m replacing the EGR not bypassing it.

As mine is the V6 apparently the DPF is in a tricky position to blank neatly, hence the engine drop:sob:

Cheers all, I’m replacing the EGR not bypassing it.

As mine is the V6 apparently the DPF is in a tricky position to blank neatly, hence the engine drop:sob:

I got a v6 too.

Whoever is looking at your car don’t know what they’re talking about if they say it’s an engine drop / out job.

If you got the longer DPF it’s a gearbox drop, otherwise it can be done without dropping anything. As I said Avon Tuning will do that DPF and map for £250 all in.

No way on any A5 do you need to drop the engine.

I’d change my mechanic ‍♂️

That's Stage 1 ?

Egr off ?
Yes mate.

I ended up with stage two from Bobby Singh instead.

Because the guy knows what he is talking about.

However you could let them do the dpf ignore the map and take a trip to Bobby

Reactions: Meemo
My garage did say you can do it without dropping the engine, however to make a neat job !!!

Thinks it's about time I started to get more than 40mpg though - or get a job closer to home and go RS5:superman:

Reactions: Ryan Evans83
I’m getting just under 50mpg in my A5 since having it tuned. There was so much “gunk” built up around the swirl flaps.

Had them removed along with any reachable gunk and new inlet manifolds fitted. Then got a decarb of the engine done. In addition to stage 2 map.

It’s made a huge difference on MPG

I second @bobby singh
My A4 had a dpf and egr delete done by 'a well known company' and they are a diesel tuning company, but they really did a bad job, broke allot of things like manifold bolts (they had to send the manifold to an engineering company to sort it out) and egt sensors, then sent me the bill for it...
Car was loud after but felt the same or slower, and smoked allot which is not normal for a CR even with deletes.

went to Bobby after this and he transformed the car, did a top knotch job and 'actually' knew what we was talking about.. I should of gone to him first in honesty.
Car ran beautifully after and was no more smoke issues.

you wont regret having them delete :)

Reactions: Ryan Evans83