Egr delete tuners Newbury area

stryker16

Reaction score
Planning on the egr delete kit but have no idea if it will throw the eml light on mine, just to be prepared does anyone know/recommend a tuner who can remap the egr off the ecu if it does come up, ideally in the Newbury reading area?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning on the egr delete kit but have no idea if it will throw the eml light on mine, just to be prepared does anyone know/recommend a tuner who can remap the egr off the ecu if it does come up, ideally in the Newbury reading area?

Thanks!

If jour car is not over year 2003. 1,9tdi the light will not come up if its 2004 and up it will....

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Mine is 2004 so I am expecting it to, but I just keep reading so many conflicting stories about others with 2004 models that haven’t lol also if the light were to come up, would it affect the way the engine runs at all like putting it into limp mode etc?

Mine is 2004 so I am expecting it to, but I just keep reading so many conflicting stories about others with 2004 models that haven’t lol also if the light were to come up, would it affect the way the engine runs at all like putting it into limp mode etc?

I think not..... Maybe only the engine can have increased vibration on idle or so..... When you delete the egr you need an car programmer to set off the egr from engine ECU

I think not..... Maybe only the engine can have increased vibration on idle or so..... When you delete the egr you need an car programmer to set off the egr from engine ECU

My car is 2003. Audi a4, b6 avant with 6 gear manual and 1,9tdi (96kw) engine code AVF and I just have delete the egr and blocked the two egr vacuum pipes with bolts and no check engine lights on

Thanks for your help, anyone know of any tuners in the Berkshire area that won’t charge the Earth?

My car is 2003. Audi a4, b6 avant with 6 gear manual and 1,9tdi (96kw) engine code AVF and I just have delete the egr and blocked the two egr vacuum pipes with bolts and no check engine lights on

You only need plug the egr vac line , you have also disabled the anti shudder valve .

For OP's 2004 does the build sticker bottom right have OGE or OGZ ?

You only need plug the egr vac line , you have also disabled the anti shudder valve .

I don't have an anti shudder valve my engine don't have any.....

What does each one mean so I can find out when I get home

Thanks!

Yes, and my wife's car passat 2001, have the same AVF 1,9tdi and she don't have any eather......

My doesn't had the egr cooler only the egr valve and my vifes passat avf 2001. Year had the cooler for the egr

So your Egr's dont look like this ?

img_5482-jpg.109170

Audi-A4-B6-A6-Skoda-Superb-Ford-Galaxy.jpg

img_5482-jpg.109170

This is egr valve, my egr look exactly like in the photo, but I am talking about the anti shudder valve.... I don't had eny........ Younger models after 2004. Maybe had but not my AVF and my wife's.... So the anti shudder valve is inside the egr? The open walve in the picture???

In dome models it looks like this... Seperate from the egr valve https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202162473136

That's a later 1.9 tdi engines drive by wire throttle body .

Yes , anti shudder is that open valve in pic .

If you removed and blocked two egr vac lines you must have anti shudder.

That's a later 1.9 tdi engines drive by wire throttle body .

Yes , anti shudder is that open valve in pic .

If you removed and blocked two egr vac lines you must have anti shudder.
Yes I did, I blocked two vacuum lines

The pics is my engine and the egr blanking set
32741e67ca999394e5fd3d6ff799bb29.jpg
cd1b5fec398c9c97bc19fdcf4b1692f3.jpg
ed017996491c17c2cb94a37f7cb45250.jpg
956ab0c853844ac72ca9d56270587c45.jpg
de57f0f701b023075dbe50679d61daf7.jpg
b33ebd4fddebd458fa20be25881cf899.jpg

img_5482-jpg.109170

I am looking to delete my EGR on my 2004 B6 Avant. Now I know some if not all kits come with wither a vacuum joiner or a blanking bung.

So for those that have this EGR fitted which of the two hoses do you reconnect using the vacuum connector supplied with the EGR, the larger smooth hose located at the top of the EGR or the fabric weaved hose. Leaving the other of the two to be blocked?

Amd Technik in Woking would be able to map out the egr.