Egr delete kit

bananalad

Reaction score
Have an egr valve fault code coming up on my car (1.9 tdi 115 BRB)
The car is running very badly at the moment and would rather get rid of the egr than replace.
Does anyone have a link to the right egr delete kit as I can't find the right one..
Thanks

Thanks for that, anyone know if it's just as simple as fitting it and drive on? Will it throw up a light on the dash or anything?

There doesn't seem to be any egr delete kits for BRB engines, seen a thread I might have to get a pd130 inlet put on it and get an egr delete kit for that.. It would still be cheaper than a new egr valve and a second hand one would be hard got.. Anyone got anymore info on this?

I used the allard egr kit for a mk5 golf 2.0tdi, it's the correct part and included the blanking plate and gaskets. It will need mapping out so you may aswell have a cheeky map put on there, I did and it's transformed the engine, way better plus I averaged 64.8mpg last weekend! It's been fitted an mapped for the last month an it's gonna be standard mod on any vag cars I own in the future!

Unfortunately no kit available that I can find for the 1.9 BRB engine

I had mine mapped out mate and is 100% better,i got a stainless steel plate and gasket from ebay for £10 the garage took the egr and manifold off and cleaned both then mapped it out mines is the 2.0TDI 140 and its like anew car.

Reactions: al_p
Always get your egr mapped out as if you just blank it off the ecu will fuel the engine wrong e.g. 50% throttle the egr may be at 60% opening flowing say 600ml/bar and the airflow is say 1000ml/bar thru the air mass meter , if you blank the egr the mass meter will then show 1600ml/bar so the ecu will then cut fuel to correct the air flow or on some of the newer diesels the lambda will sense something is wong with fuelling and throw up an egr or injector fault :)

Sorry to bump this thread.

When you say 'map it out', can this be done on the standard ecu or does it mean a new ecu upgrade

As at the moment Im using a blanking plate with a hole in the middle.
Then upgrade to the EGR delete later on.

Standard ecu can be remapped no problem for any reputable remapper out there. Local place near me charge £100 to have the egr mapped out of a standard map ie no power upgrade

pay the extra and get the car re-mapped the difference is night and day you will no be disappointed.

pay the extra and get the car re-mapped the difference is night and day you will no be disappointed.
Hi glasgowA4, im up in Carnoustie and was just curious who performed your egr delete and re-map?
I have 2.0tdi blb engine and its just had a new egr fitted last week but the stuttering has recurred?
Any advice or help will be appreciated mate
thanks

There doesn't seem to be any egr delete kits for BRB engines, seen a thread I might have to get a pd130 inlet put on it and get an egr delete kit for that.. It would still be cheaper than a new egr valve and a second hand one would be hard got.. Anyone got anymore info on this?

100% spot on, our BRB lumps have an odd EGR setup compared to other PD lumps, for EGR delete Darkside advise a PD130 inlet with 130 injectors. to then map out the EGR with a blanking kit. More hassle than its worth in £ I think. id try taking it apart and giving it a good clean out.

mines just hit 111k and no problems atall since ive had the car (bought at 82k). what fuel you running on?