Egr Delete Advice

wigandill

Reaction score
Hi all
Basicly the pipe from the tubro/exhaust which goes to the egr cooler has broke, so im now considering my options, basicly thinking of removing the egr valve ect and the egr cooler. i have read a re-map is needed but im not realy to botherd about this
any suggestions what i should do, delete or bypass the egr (anyone recommend any kits) or just replace the egr cooler which seems alot more expensive route
Cheers

Probably best getting it mapped out then blanked off, if not it'll chuck an error up.

Bre engine code, 2.0tdi 140bhp
Needed car fixed so had to fork out £300 for a egr cooler not best pleased, still looking into deleting tho to avoid future problems with it, anyone used the dark side kit

If you were nearer I could of done you an EGR software delete. This ensures that the EGR is actually switched off and deactivated closed so no need to rip anything out of the car. I offer this mod on all remaps if EGR fitted.

Sorry to high jack this thread
can delete the egr valve from the ecu with out needing to blank it off? Also can it be done with out doing a dpf delete? Thanks in advance

good question! would be interested in the answer too as mines in for a map this month ;-)

Yes, you can close it in the ECU without needing a blank. Of course if it is leaking then you are not going to get the full benefit. A DPF delete is not needed.

Rick

Reactions: Avnt
I have a 170 and I don't know if it would fit but Darkside Developments do a short pipe that removes the EGR altogether. At the time I also removed the EGR cooler and re-plumbed the system with various bits of Samco. I also had a DPF pipe made up (rather than gut the OE item) and had the car mapped to suit.

Been fine for over a year now.

Reactions: Avnt