Egr cooler problem ? 2.0 tdi bkd engine

Excellion

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Today i noticed that something is messed up with my EGR cooler unit. The hoses are all rewired and not going to the cooler. Why is this and how can this hurt my engine ?

The car is an audi a3 2.0 tdi BKD 140hp 2004

QIj61E6.jpg

I know the photo is poor but you can see the 2 pipes are hosed together and the big hose is not going to the egr cooler but connected with another hose going who knows where. Any thoughts are appreciated!

I saw something similar on EGR deletes, but my egr valve is in its place and looks factory like.

Last edited:
The cooler is deleted. You can remove it all together now. The valve, even if it is in its place, may also be canceled from software.
I did the same with my hoses when I've removed tbe cooler.
Don't worry about the engine, it wont get hurt. The worst thing that can happen is to fail the MOT.

I have a complete egr delete on mine and is fine passed mot no probs

I already been to the MOT, passed it a few months ago. i just noticed this thing since my motor started to take a while to heat up and drops out alot of white/transparent smoke while warming up. thought this had something to do with it. Oh well back to square one. Thanks for the replies tho!

The cooler is bypassed. You can try to remove it because now it os just dead weight. Also the egr valve.
Indeed when the cooler is bypassed it takes longer for the coolant to get warm. Regarding the white exhaust... I have the same problem. I can see it in cold mornings. I don't know if it is coolant getting in the cylinder or just condensed water.
Does your coolant level drops?