EGR BLANK SHOULD IT BE DONE.

darrenvalleys12

Reaction score
Hi there my son has a 2007 2.0 tdi 170bhp sline bnm he has been thinking about blanking the egr, been looking on the internet it is saying do it and then the other half of the internet say forget it, so we are looking for some help please and any info about the blanking egr been looking on here but can't seem to find much so any help would be a god send
Thanks

Blanking may require mapping the egr out, otherwise it may throw a engine light.

Hi there my son said he would have it remapped but he is just trying to work out the cost if the car had egr blank would it be worth doing this for gain on the car or leave it be because of the cost so really what he thinks is would it be worth spending money to get a performance sorry to sound daft thanks.
Also some egr plates are soild while other's come with a small hole what should we get thanks

Last edited:
I fitted a blanking plate with a small hole to mine and it made a definite (but slight) difference , less lumpy and I’m sure more low-down oomph.
It could all have been my imagination though, lol.
No engine light trouble for me (mines a BKD) and for less than a fiver a very worthwhile mod IMHO.

It’s worth doing to prevent the valve clogging up. The egr only recirculates about 10% of the exhaust gases anyway.