Efficiency Drive or efficiency program?

Audi Ashley

Reaction score
So guys, anyone know what's the difference between Drive Select efficiency mode and the efficiency program you can select via the instrument cluster?

I think the efficiency programme on DIS just shows you mpg and range left etc.
Efficiency mode in drive select actually puts the car in efficiency settings such as coasting and slower acceleration etc

Reactions: Audi Ashley
Efficiency program does just show MPG and consumption, nothing else. Just replaces the info on the dials.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Ashley
Maybe it’s me but I don’t notice any real difference in acceleration between efficiency mode and dynamic.

It’s only a 1.6 tdi with 108 bhp however in my previous car, an Alfa Giulietta with similar engine, when you went from Normal (efficiency) to Dynamic the difference in acceleration was quite markedly different. Almost as if it had gained another 15 bhp.

Atleast in the S3 it just changes up gears much quicker, even if trying to accelerate hard.. Obviously though it's no slouch, just changes up quicker.

But if you've got stronic and put the gearbox into S mode.. That's when you really feel the difference.

Maybe it’s me but I don’t notice any real difference in acceleration between efficiency mode and dynamic.

It’s only a 1.6 tdi with 108 bhp however in my previous car, an Alfa Giulietta with similar engine, when you went from Normal (efficiency) to Dynamic the difference in acceleration was quite markedly different. Almost as if it had gained another 15 bhp.

I do, its like night and day in my car. steering goes heavy and the car wants to take off in dynamic. you can actually hear the enigne in dynamic.

I do, its like night and day in my car. steering goes heavy and the car wants to take off in dynamic. you can actually hear the enigne in dynamic.

I assume you have a more powerful motor in yours to begin with? What you describe is a slightly more aggressive version of how the Alfa system works - you really can tell the difference and that's on a lower powered diesel. I was surprised it wasn't similar on my A3.

I assume you have a more powerful motor in yours to begin with? What you describe is a slightly more aggressive version of how the Alfa system works - you really can tell the difference and that's on a lower powered diesel. I was surprised it wasn't similar on my A3.

Mines a 1.4tfsi S Line