Edinburgh Meet

Popped into Edinburgh Audi this morning to meet the marketing bod thats dealing with our meet on Sunday. Also wanted to inform him that there could be a possibility of 40+ cars coming instead of 25 max. After a slight delay and sucking through his teeth he is now sorting out the parking arrangements and is going to be there on Sunday as he wants to oversee it as he wants nothing to go wrong. The majority of cars will be hopefully around the reception area and down the whole side of the garage so as to give a good backdrop for photos. Bring on Sunday.............I've also booked the weather so T-shirts it is....lol

Reactions: MartayMcFly, BRILLO and Sandra
Good news mate, I've got about 10 cars confirmed for the meet. hopefully all will go well and it will be a good day. Looking forward to it

Dazz

Reactions: Brodster
Good news mate, I've got about 10 cars confirmed for the meet. hopefully all will go well and it will be a good day. Looking forward to it

Dazz

Thats great news Dazz. Banners and goodies have arrived. :) x

Still unknown on this one, due to a technical hitch...
I'm hoping that Jim @ Star will be able to re-flash my ECU & get it going again...
At the moment, my motor is dead :(

Weather for Saturday is supposed to be fantastic.. So it's a wash and polish day! Weather for Sunday should start nice but might get rain later in the afternoon! Fingers crossed it's much later.. :p

Hi,

I am intending to go to this meeting and would prefer to travel from Aberdeen with other Audis. If that is OK, can you please advise where when you guys are meeting?

Bob

Weather for Saturday is supposed to be fantastic.. So it's a wash and polish day! Weather for Sunday should start nice but might get rain later in the afternoon! Fingers crossed it's much later.. :p

Me to mate my car need some attention praying that the weather is nice on Sunday!

Whats up with it buddy. ECU gone into lock-down??

Yup, I stupidly decided to have a play around with the ECU flash without instructions & it "threw a hissy fit"...
Idle thumbs & all that :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thats DannyH76's TTRS all clean and detailed for the meet on Sunday. What a lovely looking car now. The Phantom Black colour has just popped. Real nice. Pics are on BroTek Facebook page if anyone is interested. Just need to find some time to get the S3 done.....not enough hours in the day at the minute....tuts!!!

Well thats DannyH76's TTRS all clean and detailed for the meet on Sunday. What a lovely looking car now. The Phantom Black colour has just popped. Real nice. Pics are on BroTek Facebook page if anyone is interested. Just need to find some time to get the S3 done.....not enough hours in the day at the minute....tuts!!!

Just finished washing mine mate and iv not washed it for months lol!

Just a wee heads up to anyone heading from Falkirk or Stirling direction that part of the motorway is shut just before the Edinburgh airport turn off, might be better to go down via Bathgate and join the M8 direct in from there.

Look forward to meeting everyone :)

Dazz

Hi folks.
Not going to make this now as my job in Berlin has been extended by a day.
HAVE A GOOD ONE.

Just finished polishing the A3, arrggghhh i hate black cars lol:sob:

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Just finished polishing the A3, arrggghhh i hate black cars lol:sob:

I find it's easier to just accept that my car has always needed a proper machine polish but isn't going to get one. The "used daily" look is a winner.

I find it's easier to just accept that my car has always needed a proper machine polish but isn't going to get one. The "used daily" look is a winner.

Aye that's like mine Martay, needs a proper "detail" loads of scratches and swirl marks all over her..... there's only so much you can do with Auto glym super resin and extra gloss?!!?

Aye that's like mine Martay, needs a proper "detail" loads of scratches and swirl marks all over her..... there's only so much you can do with Auto glym super resin and extra gloss?!!?

Well buddy your in luck as I am a detailer too. Have a look at DannyH76's TTRS tomorrow as I did that yesterday. It took 8 hours to do as the paintwork was in desperate need of some TLC. Minted now though.

Black car's are a nightmare for showing up marks but they do look awesome when nicely polished up! I've had a few but tend to avoid them for that reason now. I've still got mine to clean up in the morning, hopefully the weather is what it says or might be washing it in the rain lol

Well Dannys TTRS is Panther Black and it was covered in swirls and scratches. I love getting my hands on cars like that as I love turning them into something nice. Takes a while but well worth it. You'll see it tomorrow as he's pitching up.

My A4's paint was looking a bit worse for wear when I got it a few months ago but I've had the clay bar and the machine polisher out and it looks so much better. Could do with a bit more machine polishing I think but the worst of it is gone!

Have a good meet the morn guys hope you get decent weather. I'll hopefully make a meet next year. Looking forward to the pics

Wow Mark, if the weather down with you is anything like up here then you did a perfect job of ordering the weather! ;)

Look forward to it, see you guys in a few hours.

P.s. If you could do it for today then why didn't you manage for the Banchory meet?! That weather was shocking! ;)

That weather was bad because a VXR turned up

Reactions: Daggerit and MartayMcFly
Well the weather is glorious here today. Clear blue skies all around with NO clouds looming anywhere. A wee bit frosty this morning at 0730 but thats now burnt off and the sun is shining..........See I told you it would be .....thee of little faith.

And the reason I didnt do it for the Aberdeen meet is that it wasn't my meet...........that was Martys.....lol

Yup, looking good! :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349616927111483

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349616911.961574.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349616911.961574.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 287
Had a cracking time.. Although I felt like a bit of an old man with the only A6 there! :D

Was a good meet unfortunately had to leave a bit early. Thanks to Brodster for organising it, will hopefully be able to attend any future events.
Would also like to say well done to the TT mob for turning up in decent numbers. was good to catch up with everyone and meet some new people

Dazz