ECU software update

Avant09

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been to the dealers and was told that I was due for an ECU software update for a A4 Avant 09 plate.

I have read mixed reviews and wanted to know if it was worth it or avoid it?

Guessing it’s the emissions update. I’d pass.

though you haven’t told us your engine so could be something else on a petrol vehicle.

I had the emissions update on my 2010 A4 2.0TDI. The MPG dropped by around 5 miles but I had better throttle response after.

If you are happy with how your car runs right now, I’d suggest you avoid. I’ve never heard anyone report their car running better after a diesel emissions software update.

Thanks for the replies.

@Darren92 it is for for reducing the diesel emission on my 2.0 TDI.

@Dippy it is a complimentary update by Audi.

@jdp1962 , @EXSpartan36 car is running okish but has a low throttle response.

They did mention, I can opt out so long as they have mentioned it to me.

Reactions: EXSpartan36 and jdp1962
Normally I'd recommend a free update but I too have heard bad tales about the diesel update. Remember that Audi cheated on emissions tests for a reason and that is likely to be to make the engine hit better performance figures in order to be competitive. If there is a genuine problem with throttle response that Audi fixed in an update then you'd want to know that for sure - see if the dealer can give you a summary of the changes.

Reactions: Avant09
If you are stuck on a update and want it reverted drop me a message I can do this. Most new updates have more EGR action which means the DPF is having to do more work hence more regens.

Reactions: Avant09