ECU Error codes

Legend7

Reaction score
I dont see any errors when turning the engine, however could there be fault codes in the ECU which could affect the performance of the car?

Mate do you have vagcom , or if you cant find any faults take it to statllers in sheffield for steve jnr to have look at it for u...

Last edited:
No I dont have vagcom. I just want to make sure I dont have any faults which are affecting the performance of the car.

If you're that concerned then best bet is to buy vcds to scan it now & again, assuming its just a precautionary thing or do you actually have any problems currently?

yes ,for example the air flow meter could be "within" its perimeters (lets say its telling the ecu its 35 deg C when its only 5 deg C) and sending the wrong signal which will cause power loss as the ecu will be adjusting fuelling and timing to suit the hotter intake temp,there are other things too which can effect the engine and not throw a light

im in worksop,dont have vag com or vcds but have code readers and data readers so i can monitor things like the air flow meter etc..and im free ;)

Last edited: