ECU Being Removed For Inspection, Will My Revo Settings Need Updating After? Revo SPS User Needed

HHS3

Phantom Black S3 - R-Tech Stage 2+
Reaction score
Hello,

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I couldn't find an answer for what I'm looking for.

With Revo software I know that if the battery is disconnected without a jump pack or charger in line being used to keep the power live, then the map will revert back to the stock Revo settings B1 F0 T0.

My ECU is being removed tomorrow for inspection by Storm Developments to help narrow down the cause of my S3's start-up issue, I imagine that the work involved will mean that I'll lose my Revo settings for stage 2 B8 F8 T6?

What's the best way of finding a local Revo SPS user? I live near Reading/Basingstoke. Even if I don't lose the settings, despite mine being mapped on the road, the fueling does seem to be a tad high and going by what others have then 6 seems to be more appropriate, especially if they find that the fuel pump is the culprit of my issues.

Thanks.

You'll need reverting from stock revo to your settings everytime you disconnect the battery.
Are you sure it isn't throttle body? Does your rev needle jump below and above 800rpm when you come to stop?

Thanks S I know that's the case for the battery but wasn't so sure about the ECU.

I contacted Revo who informed me that the MED9 ECU found in the S3 8P has no memory capability, so if it is fully disconnected tomorrow then I will lose my Revo settings unfortunately and unless I find a local SPS user, then I've got to do a two hour round trip just to put settings back on..

I'm not mechanically knowledgeable so it could potentially be the issue but it's so intermittent I have no idea to be honest, revs and car are perfectly fine once started though. I've had the issue for two years ever since I picked her up, happens both hot and cold more info here: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2007-s3-tfsi-8p1-hot-start-up-issue.261727/. I've only recently got Storm to look into it themselves, Andy reckons it's either the ECU or fuel pump judging by the previous work I've had done at another garage, will hopefully know more tomorrow though once he's actually had a proper look.

Reactions: S.
Hope you'll get it sorted. Must be driving you nuts for 2 years.
About memory, that's ****. Others even add lc flat shift, multi map switch, hard cut rev limiter, pops and bangs etc. to the remap which isn't reverted to stock once you disconnect the battery. Except revo, they say there's no memory.
They have no interest further to develop 8p platform while others seem to support the platform.
That's why i got sps but i'm far.

Reactions: HHS3
Cheers mate, tell me about it especially being a perfectionist! It's my pride and joy but has rinsed me dry funds wise, I only started going to Storm in August last year, wish I started off there to be honest but hopefully they can fix it now.

Wow Revo really do have pi$$ poor support nowadays don't they, I should've done a more research then I did and been a bit more patient as I would've gone down the custom mapping route from the start.

No worries, thanks anyway.

Reactions: S.
Got her back and unless I'm being a complete tard then it definitely seems like it is still at stage 2 power. I was giving it some and there's no way it has reverted back to the Revo stock settings B1 F0 T0 as I remember feeling slightly underwhelmed by the S3's stock power.

Without hooking up to Revo or going on a dyno then there's no way for me to tell what it's currently running now right? The ECU got removed and all connectors etc. cleaned so according to Revo I should've lost my map settings, weird that other company software has the ability to stay on.

Reactions: S3Alex
Got her back and unless I'm being a complete tard then it definitely seems like it is still at stage 2 power. I was giving it some and there's no way it has reverted back to the Revo stock settings B1 F0 T0 as I remember feeling slightly underwhelmed by the S3's stock power.

Without hooking up to Revo or going on a dyno then there's no way for me to tell what it's currently running now right? The ECU got removed and all connectors etc. cleaned so according to Revo I should've lost my map settings, weird that other company software has the ability to stay on.

Might be worth asking Andy...he may have restored it all for you?

Compared to the battle he's been having with mine that would have been easy for them!

Reactions: HHS3
Might be worth asking Andy...he may have restored it all for you?

Compared to the battle he's been having with mine that would have been easy for them!

Haha! Good point, I did mention it to Rob prior to the work being done so will see. I just remember Alex from Storm saying before that the Revo map locks the ECU and he couldn't unlock it (I inquired about custom mapping there) but imagine that different work is involved for just restoring settings.

Reactions: S3Alex