Ecs magnetic drain plugs

Solberg

Reaction score
Changing gearbox and diff oils atm, and have bought these ecs plugs which dont have heads.... they seem sketchy, are they safe or will they come loose??
36f098f0495f221277dca393ad3948b4.jpg
35dea2c0c8f889822c5efe76eb7bb28c.jpg

Sent fra min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

Haha okey thanks mate

OE ones are tapered (no head) and lock in at the top of the thread... dunno about ECS ones but their sump plugs are rubbish too

<tuffty/>

Find it a little strange that someone like ECS sell them as a performance upgrade then, well burnt 60 USD + shipping and tax for 3 drains and 1 sump.

The one for the bevelbox is smaller than the others aswell, thought they were all the same.

febb913d84ee3c54d9c1b9a5810eb0ac.jpg

Mine do all have heads, but only the one for the bevel is with a magnet, and that magnet was FULL, was a shitload in it, also had whining in first gear which did not go away after changing oil sadly.

b7c3c209e1f367d5e39b8d5784c614cf.jpg
3269b1460e93e9f655ee02ed44c0b3ab.jpg

I thought the ECS one was for the rear diff... didn't realise it was sold as a gear box plug lol... upgrade... p.lol! :)

Stick to OE ones dude... and yeah, bevel box one is different again...

Next time you feel the need to spank a load of cash on useless **** like that dude, let me know and I'll give you may paypal address to send it too... go towards my fund for my next lens ;)

You won't get anything other than my thanks of course but thats probably worth more than those ECS plugs lol...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: slowcoach3, stevie e and Solberg
Haha im dying atleast it was only 150 gbp in shipping (lol)

Been using their sump plug for a few years now with no problems at all, new washer everytime and not done up mega tight can't see there ever being a problem.

Im a probably using their sump plug, but the others for diff and trans do not have a head so you can not torque them.

every, and I mean EVERY ecs sump plugged car which has come here has leaked and pulled its threads.. ally on ally is doomed to fail.

Reactions: Solberg
Okay thanks for the heads up lads, ill toss em then