ECS 3.0T Catch Can

I was looking at fitting one on my A6.
That one looks like a nice setup, if a bit on the expensive side for a£80 can and some silicone tubing. ;-)

Reactions: xpoweruk
Looks good but a pain in the butt in freezing temperatures, quote from installation instructions :
COLD TEMPERATURE WARNING
In cold temperatures, the crank vent system will generate a much greater amount of moisture which can present a risk of freezing.
When the temperature outside approaches freezing, your catch can should be cleaned on a weekly basis to prevent freeze up of the crank
vent system and damage to engine seals.
When the temperature drops below freezing, we recommend reinstalling your original crank vent system components to prevent freeze
up of the crank vent system and damage to engine seals.

Reactions: rum4mo
The ECS gear is rediculously expensive, but i will give it to them, when i was installing my intake kit from them you could really feel the quality and development that had gone in to it.

And i think it would have to be really cold for freezing of a catch can system to be an issue, possibly a problem if you're way up north but i dont think it's a issue many people in this country would be likely to come across.

Reactions: xpoweruk
****** cold today! Agreed Ecs stuff is good but once awesome import and sell, the price is extortionate! Would be better off going to the states on holiday and buying stuff and bring it back yourself!

Reactions: Lavis89
Looks good but a pain in the butt in freezing temperatures, quote from installation instructions :
COLD TEMPERATURE WARNING
In cold temperatures, the crank vent system will generate a much greater amount of moisture which can present a risk of freezing.
When the temperature outside approaches freezing, your catch can should be cleaned on a weekly basis to prevent freeze up of the crank
vent system and damage to engine seals.
When the temperature drops below freezing, we recommend reinstalling your original crank vent system components to prevent freeze
up of the crank vent system and damage to engine seals.

Well spotted there, I just saved that info away for a rainy day, so one problem slightly lessened and a very old problem that VW group got rid of in lots of models brought back! I think the latest discovery of that freezing>damaged engine was back in 2001 for us Europeans!

Yea i had awesome important the ECS carbon engine covers, did work out cheaper than importing through ecs and getting stung with the taxes though.