Ecotune ecu and tcu maps?

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience of their maps?
I'm currently investigating various options for the RSQ3 and a local vag garage offers APR and Ecotune.
For the ecu tune I'm probably going Revo to use the sps switch. But for the tcu the options are more limited as Revo and APR don't do one for the DQ500 in the RSQ3, Ecotune do though but I've never heard of them tbh.

Anybody have any experience with them?

Anybody have any experience of their maps?
I'm currently investigating various options for the RSQ3 and a local vag garage offers APR and Ecotune.
For the ecu tune I'm probably going Revo to use the sps switch. But for the tcu the options are more limited as Revo and APR don't do one for the DQ500 in the RSQ3, Ecotune do though but I've never heard of them tbh.

Anybody have any experience with them?

I had TVS TCU on my FL 8V.

Flash at home dongle too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: -Ju-
I had TVS TCU on my FL 8V.

Flash at home dongle too.

Mmmm that sounds interesting. I have been looking into them as they are well respected but I was struggling to get to a dealer without taking time off work.
Do they advertise this?

Mmmm that sounds interesting. I have been looking into them as they are well respected but I was struggling to get to a dealer without taking time off work.
Do they advertise this?

I messaged them online and they where helpful as I told them I didn’t want to use a dealer.
Sent me the dongle etc in the post.

fe5906807bbaf92b8170ed8b6fdc6287.jpg

23bdaa8bebce98203fa5fdef4add17e2.jpg

3d7d503840eddb170fa5e0613c10dd19.jpg

I messaged them online and they where helpful as I told them I didn’t want to use a dealer.
Sent me the dongle etc in the post.

fe5906807bbaf92b8170ed8b6fdc6287.jpg

23bdaa8bebce98203fa5fdef4add17e2.jpg

3d7d503840eddb170fa5e0613c10dd19.jpg

Thanks for that, that's really helpful

Reactions: 8YARWY
Thanks for that, that's really helpful

Sorry I’m wrong

Just looked through my messages about the TVS.

I ordered it through Peron Automotive in Barnsley.

Very helpful guys Ant & Charlie.

I've heard back about the flash tool and I can get it if needed, although it would be cheaper to take the day off work lol
Apart from loading the tcu file onto the car, is it any use afterwards? I was hoping to be able to use it for an ecu tune as well but that's apparently not available.

I've heard back about the flash tool and I can get it if needed, although it would be cheaper to take the day off work lol
Apart from loading the tcu file onto the car, is it any use afterwards? I was hoping to be able to use it for an ecu tune as well but that's apparently not available.

I had a TCU flash from DTUK a few years back for my Q5. Only takes 30 odd seconds but no you cannot use for anything else and also can’t then sell on as locked to your car. Had the DTUK piggyback too which worked pretty well and controlled from app

I had a TCU flash from DTUK a few years back for my Q5. Only takes 30 odd seconds but no you cannot use for anything else and also can’t then sell on as locked to your car. Had the DTUK piggyback too which worked pretty well and controlled from app

All posted out and really helpful chaps

I ordered the TVS tcu 2+ update today along with the flash tool.
The personal flasher is not a cheap tool tbh, but it's easier than getting into the nearest dealer and afaik you can reflash the oem software if needed

Reactions: NevMan
I ordered the TVS tcu 2+ update today along with the flash tool.
The personal flasher is not a cheap tool tbh, but it's easier than getting into the nearest dealer and afaik you can reflash the oem software if needed

Yes, it stores the OEM so you can flash back which is what I did before selling

Highly recomend ecotune
There tvs dealers fyi
I've had the tvs 2+ tcu tune installed, not by ecotune, but by clp tuning using the remote flash. I've not had chance to fully evaluate it yet but first impressions are great.
I also had the APR stage 1 ecu tune done recently too. The car felt strong before but omg its bonkers now lol

I've only heard good stuff about ecotune but after not replying to my emails asking about their tcu tune, I decided tvs was the best solution

I've had the tvs 2+ tcu tune installed, not by ecotune, but by clp tuning using the remote flash. I've not had chance to fully evaluate it yet but first impressions are great.
I also had the APR stage 1 ecu tune done recently too. The car felt strong before but omg its bonkers now lol

I've only heard good stuff about ecotune but after not replying to my emails asking about their tcu tune, I decided tvs was the best solution
I'm stage 3 with ecotune and stage 3 tvs
Iv been stage 3 for 4 years issue free running 10.6 1/4 mile and 2.8 0-60 over 400 launches
There megga busy that's all tbh ur best phoning

I'm stage 3 with ecotune and stage 3 tvs
Iv been stage 3 for 4 years issue free running 10.6 1/4 mile and 2.8 0-60 over 400 launches
There megga busy that's all tbh ur best phoning
Nice figures!

No doubt they are. I just wanted to know if the recently released reflex system for the EA888.3 platform was being developed for the 5 pot variants and also how their tcu tune compared to the much respected tvs.
Dan at clptuning was great sorting the tvs tune out for me, all I had to do was plug the stuff in and let him remotely access my laptop.