ECE maps on NAR region Audi A4 B9 MIB2 High

sergey307

Reaction score
Maybe some ideas how to do it?
I have tried to install ECE firmware (0976), but unsuccesfully, even with swdl mode in green menu and even with changed nav region in 5F module. Also I have tried to modify metainfo2 file with recalculating checksums (succesfully) but unfortunatelly I can't recalculate signature.
I am searching for solution to install ECE maps or maps and firmware (both of them I have), maybe smb has any ideas, because I am really don't know how to try else :(

Reactions: cuke2u
Good to see you've made it across from AudiWorld and welcome to the forum. I don't have an answer for you only to follow my advice and PM DJAlix. I hope he can...

Reactions: sergey307
I wished to do similar and contacted Audi UK who raised a technical ticket. The answer I got back was that it was hardware region locked. Either that or they simply weren't willing to help. I'm also assuming that the map updates are digitally signed for the vehicle VIN and that would need Audi to update their back-end systems to allow the change of region. I had been tempted to see if DJAlix was able to help but the cost may prove to be too much considering I can just use Android Auto instead.

Maps aren't digitally signed for the VIN. You would not have possibility to download them from my audi but you can do it from any account with mib2 high vehicle of necessery region (ECE q7 4m, a4 b9 for example) - it is 100%.

Reactions: pagenotfound
If it is necessary I can share firmware version 0976

Reactions: cuke2u
I am actually working on region changes within MIB1 and MIB2 units at the moment, and have nearly cracked it :)

Is MIB2 the Navigation Plus system with hard disk maps storage? Also, if you need a guinea pig - happy to oblige!

Maps aren't digitally signed for the VIN. You would not have possibility to download them from my audi but you can do it from any account with mib2 high vehicle of necessery region (ECE q7 4m, a4 b9 for example) - it is 100%.

That's great to know - I'd just assumed that they were locking downloads to vehicles based on VIN as they charge for updates after 2 or 3 years.

I wonder then how they lock access to updates once the limit is reached. It has to be linked to the vehicle identification some how..

Is MIB2 the Navigation Plus system with hard disk maps storage? Also, if you need a guinea pig - happy to oblige!
Yes, the technology pack MIB2 systems are the only ones I am investigating at the moment. I have a "bench" set up so am good for testing :)

Yes, the technology pack MIB2 systems are the only ones I am investigating at the moment. I have a "bench" set up so am good for testing :)

That would be great if you got it working. I'd be pretty much guaranteed to get this done if you figure it out. I'm OK with using google maps but there are occasions where I haven't had reception so am unable to start navigation. I presume that new UK map updates could be installed by a dealer for a price.

nothing new, unfortunately
For further experiments firmware 4M0 906 961 AE needed, couldn't find where to get

Seriously, you found a server and you wish to access password protected files?
Really....

Eh? not sure I follow you cuke2u.

For the OPs benefit, I did message DJAlix and it was still work in progress a couple of weeks ago

Eh? not sure I follow you cuke2u.

For the OPs benefit, I did message DJAlix and it was still work in progress a couple of weeks ago
Someone posted a link to some hosted "software", which I requested be removed. Whats my reason for having the link removed? 1) file sharing is not allowed here. 2) Protection. Anyone trying to guess the passwords to unknown software with a view to installing it on their £20k+ car is just stupid and needs protecting from themselves!

This is still a work in progress and not very high on the list at the moment due to BAU demands.

I see, that makes sense now. Didn't see the removed message (obviously) and I thought cuke2u was posting in the wrong thread.

Keep me posted if or when you do make progress - looking forward to being able to pay you a visit.

Someone posted a link to some hosted "software", which I requested be removed. Whats my reason for having the link removed? 1) file sharing is not allowed here. 2) Protection. Anyone trying to guess the passwords to unknown software with a view to installing it on their £20k+ car is just stupid and needs protecting from themselves!

This is still a work in progress and not very high on the list at the moment due to BAU demands.
Thanks DJAlix, I was concerned that 'finding' a server then requesting help with passwords, in the world of IT security is not to be encouraged with assistance. It may well be innocent but I always err on the side of caution with any unknown requests...

Reactions: DJAlix
I see, that makes sense now. Didn't see the removed message (obviously) and I thought cuke2u was posting in the wrong thread.

Keep me posted if or when you do make progress - looking forward to being able to pay you a visit.
No worries pagenotfound, all's good...

Nice to hear. So i can maybe find some service in my location.

DJAlix, i am in Ukraine, Kharkiv. So what did you said about mail-in service?
If you are able to send the unit to me then I can perform any needed works and then send back. Have completed a number of ASN members units this way :)

Reactions: Sandra
If you are able to send the unit

Thanks, but i think it's take long time, and without car it will be difficult for me. First of all i'll try to find service near me, after quarantine. I just thought I could do it myself.

Reactions: DJAlix
So, after a lockdown enforced delay I was able to pay @DJAlix a visit over the weekend to get my sat nav region changed. Works a treat now and it's great to have the full functionality of my VC and HUD back after 3 years without. Great person to deal with and can highly recommend.

Reactions: Sandra and DJAlix
So, after a lockdown enforced delay I was able to pay @DJAlix a visit over the weekend to get my sat nav region changed. Works a treat now and it's great to have the full functionality of my VC and HUD back after 3 years without. Great person to deal with and can highly recommend.
Was great to meet you and your car! Will post up images soon but for those not aware the vehicle in question was imported to the UK from Australia, and I converted it to UK/EU spec complete with 2020/2021 navigation data :)

Reactions: 8YARWY and Sandra