1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECE maps on NAR region Audi A4 B9 MIB2 High

sergey307 Aug 29, 2018

1. sergey307

sergey307 New Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 quattro S-line owners group

Maybe some ideas how to do it?
    I have tried to install ECE firmware (0976), but unsuccesfully, even with swdl mode in green menu and even with changed nav region in 5F module. Also I have tried to modify metainfo2 file with recalculating checksums (succesfully) but unfortunatelly I can't recalculate signature.
    I am searching for solution to install ECE maps or maps and firmware (both of them I have), maybe smb has any ideas, because I am really don't know how to try else :(

cuke2u likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Good to see you've made it across from AudiWorld and welcome to the forum. I don't have an answer for you only to follow my advice and PM DJAlix. I hope he can...

sergey307 likes this.
  4. pagenotfound

pagenotfound Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group

I wished to do similar and contacted Audi UK who raised a technical ticket. The answer I got back was that it was hardware region locked. Either that or they simply weren't willing to help. I'm also assuming that the map updates are digitally signed for the vehicle VIN and that would need Audi to update their back-end systems to allow the change of region. I had been tempted to see if DJAlix was able to help but the cost may prove to be too much considering I can just use Android Auto instead.

5. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

I am actually working on region changes within MIB1 and MIB2 units at the moment, and have nearly cracked it :)

cuke2u and pagenotfound like this.
  6. sergey307

sergey307 New Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 quattro S-line owners group

Maps aren't digitally signed for the VIN. You would not have possibility to download them from my audi but you can do it from any account with mib2 high vehicle of necessery region (ECE q7 4m, a4 b9 for example) - it is 100%.

pagenotfound likes this.
  7. sergey307

If it is necessary I can share firmware version 0976

cuke2u likes this.
  8. pagenotfound

pagenotfound Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group

Is MIB2 the Navigation Plus system with hard disk maps storage? Also, if you need a guinea pig - happy to oblige!

That's great to know - I'd just assumed that they were locking downloads to vehicles based on VIN as they charge for updates after 2 or 3 years.

9. cuke2u

I wonder then how they lock access to updates once the limit is reached. It has to be linked to the vehicle identification some how..

10. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Yes, the technology pack MIB2 systems are the only ones I am investigating at the moment. I have a "bench" set up so am good for testing :)

pagenotfound likes this.
  11. pagenotfound

That would be great if you got it working. I'd be pretty much guaranteed to get this done if you figure it out. I'm OK with using google maps but there are occasions where I haven't had reception so am unable to start navigation. I presume that new UK map updates could be installed by a dealer for a price.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. pagenotfound

thread bump.

Did either of you guys get any further with this?

14. sergey307

nothing new, unfortunately
    For further experiments firmware 4M0 906 961 AE needed, couldn't find where to get

15. pagenotfound

thanks for replying - guess I will wait and see if DJAlix manages to figure it out.

16. cuke2u

Seriously, you found a server and you wish to access password protected files?
    Really....

17. pagenotfound

Eh? not sure I follow you cuke2u.

For the OPs benefit, I did message DJAlix and it was still work in progress a couple of weeks ago

18. DJAlix

Someone posted a link to some hosted "software", which I requested be removed. Whats my reason for having the link removed? 1) file sharing is not allowed here. 2) Protection. Anyone trying to guess the passwords to unknown software with a view to installing it on their £20k+ car is just stupid and needs protecting from themselves!

This is still a work in progress and not very high on the list at the moment due to BAU demands.

pagenotfound likes this.
  19. pagenotfound

I see, that makes sense now. Didn't see the removed message (obviously) and I thought cuke2u was posting in the wrong thread.

Keep me posted if or when you do make progress - looking forward to being able to pay you a visit.

20. cuke2u

Thanks DJAlix, I was concerned that 'finding' a server then requesting help with passwords, in the world of IT security is not to be encouraged with assistance. It may well be innocent but I always err on the side of caution with any unknown requests...

DJAlix likes this.
  21. cuke2u

No worries pagenotfound, all's good...