EBC pad fitting - doesn't look right to me...

Marc1

Reaction score
Just replaced the pads the other day and noticed them now sqealing just before stopping. A quick look and the rotors are holding rust and the pad doesn't seem to be contacting fully. This doesn't look right to me, but the pads seated ok and the back of the pad is flush with the caliper so I'm a bit puzzled. What do you guys reckon?

7a5f8b21.jpg

d703f7e5.jpg

swap them for some decent pads? or look to getting new rotors as they might be warped in some way or worn from the old bads in an odd fashion.

Squeaking is obvious from the pic mate, just look at contact point of pad edge with inner ring of disc

Also you need to get someone to put foot on pedal & then look at pad position on the disc to ascertain the overall issue.

For me I'd skim the discs flat & then skim the edge of the pad so its not pointed which will allow it to bind with the disc properly over time

Will check discs tomorrow when it's light. Will try the brake pedal test too, cheers NHN. Yeah, contact point is causing the sqeal, that's what brought my attention to it, but seems odd, discs seemed fine too and everything seemed flush. Cheers

How long ago were they fitted? Not long by the looks of it, as it looks to me like its the tapered bedding in area you can see

Only fitted the other day. I did concider it might be for bedding in, but just looked a bit wrong. I'll get a wheel off in the daylight and check it all out properly, cheers.

i used to have green stuff on my old a3 and they too were tapered on the edge so it perfectly normal.

I'd give them a couple of weeks to bed in and see if they get any better, if they dont, replace them with something else. For me 1 of the best things about green stuff is that they give hardly any dust off so your wheels stay cleaner for longer:icon_thumright:

green stuff on my leon faded almost as fast as the oem pads lol.

Swapped to DS2500 and they were infinitely better!

Just waiting for some to come for the A4 now.

For me 1 of the best things about green stuff is that they give hardly any dust off so your wheels stay cleaner for longer:icon_thumright:
Personally thats the only reason for fitting green stuff pads that they are good for ,
as for performance there as already said no better than a good quality standard pad .

Cheers guys. Hopefully will get a chance to check them out today if the rain dies down.

I got the pads for the reduced dust properties too :yes: I do hear good thinks about those DS2500's tho.