Ebay Wings

chr999chr

Reaction score
Rust has appeared on my wings and i was looking to get them replaced. I spoke to a local body shop who quoted me £800 for pattern wings and fitting. They said that when they were painting they would blow in the paint to other body parts to ensure a correct match.
My question if i buy ready painted wings in the correct colour is it not just a issue of getting them fitted? and the colour should match? The car is a B7 in Silver.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-...332165&hash=item25edbab3af:g:VH0AAOSwp0dahFA6

Rust has appeared on my wings and i was looking to get them replaced. I spoke to a local body shop who quoted me £800 for pattern wings and fitting. They said that when they were painting they would blow in the paint to other body parts to ensure a correct match.
My question if i buy ready painted wings in the correct colour is it not just a issue of getting them fitted? and the colour should match? The car is a B7 in Silver.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-...332165&hash=item25edbab3af:g:VH0AAOSwp0dahFA6

To get a good match I’d recommend you have them blown in. You need to remember our cars are over ten years old and the different things can effect the paintwork over time. Even the same paint code can be out and noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Carparts4less / Eurocarparts Platinum range of wings are a very good fit, and pretty reasonably priced.

Reactions: martin1984
as above

euro carpparts plat wing with discount code clear55 comes in at £97.81 a wing

I put ebay wings on my old silver B6 and they were a perfect colour match.
I think I paid £135 including delivery to the Western Isles.

Took me around 6 hours to fit one side so might be worth paying someone to fit them unless you have nothing better to do.

I put ebay wings on my old silver B6 and they were a perfect colour match.
I think I paid £135 including delivery to the Western Isles.

Took me around 6 hours to fit one side so might be worth paying someone to fit them unless you have nothing better to do.
Was thats used wing off a car the same age as your tho ?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Another vote for the ECP Platinum range. Replaced my near side front wing last year with one. Nearly £200 cheaper than Audi, very good fit.

Worth getting some breaker OEMs? Is the corrosion through the metal itself or just paint bubbles? A decent bodyshop should match the colour correctly and if the surface is not in bad nic a repair to the originals should be pretty reasonable and any good paintshop would re-lacquer the wings and side panels too ensure the faded panels match up to the new ones. Where I work we have book of anywhere between 10 and 30 shades for each colour to match the fading on older cars. Just thinking if you are looking at 125 a side for ebays then that would be about the price to get the originals repainted and repaired.