ebay sales, no money back on certain items when disputed not as described

@udi A3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.immotec.co.uk
Whilst this outcome was just IMO, thought I'd share a warning incase people get stung when items are not as described.

I recently sold a B7 cluster. I accepted paypal and offered to fit them. On arriving at the car the buy said another guy had try to make a key with a cheap tool hence screwing the clocks up. ( i later found he sold the mentioned tool on ebay himself). I couldn't complete the job due to a 3 hour lockout so he agreed a local garage will fit it next day.

Feering a not received dispute ( just the guys general attitude) i insisted on a delivery note signed.

3 days later he threatened to open a case if i didnt refund him. Apparently the accurately described clocks with part number were not suited for his car so not as described. I went ahead and refused and the case was opened.

I called ebay, they agreed to close the case in my favour no problem at all.

Comments:
This case was found in your favour because this item isn't eligible for eBay Money Back Guarantee. Any Feedback left, including detailed seller ratings, will be removed and won't affect your seller performance standing. Note: It could take up to 24 hours for your Seller Dashboard to reflect this decision.

So i could have actually sent him the wrong item or part number and he would be able to do nothing about it via eBay/paypal. Bit slack on their part if im honest, and it's not the first time they messed up. Last time I ended up with a payment and the laptop paid for in my hands, a claim opened and closed in my fave, and they said they can't make me post it but suggest I should do the right thing!!! Of course I did, was just a postage mix up.

Paypal and ebay suck

I have had a number of problems with Paypal and Ebay. It eventually got to the point that I try to avoid using either if at all possible. I have a number of situations that I received money for services and had people open a claim that was completely unjustified. It took weeks to settle most of these claims as I had money sitting around tied up in these things. I eventually won most of the cases, but the money continued to sit for a few more weeks, and even months before I could access it. I have had a few situations where I had to pay the money back, and that was after doing countless hours of work. I completely see where you are coming from and agree. They both suck.