Ebay S4 recaro interior - warning

Fraser

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220371347777&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I have just been to see those s4 recaros from ebay and the door cards - waste of f***ing time

drove 2.5 hrs to see them, the seller said they were is great condition when I asked to see better photos he assured me that they were fine and in great condition

well they aren't - poorly looked after, mould all over the front passenger, chewing gum on the drivers side and overall they look like they have had a very hard life - real shiny and dry

they aren't worth 300 quid imo - i did not even offer on them just told him they were screwed and that he had wasted my time

cheeky f***er said I had wasted his by going to his breakers business / house - steer clear!

wasn't really a stinging - better to go have a look than 'buy it now' and get a real nasty shock!

those pics are tiny... i wonder why? :think:

i bought some and they were shagged as well. guy didn't pack them very well, frame was damaged by the delivery people. actual condition of the leather was pretty crap, hadn't been cleaned properly and very dusty (dust is the killer on leather as it gets into the creases and acts as an abrasive!, so using dusty old paint sheets as a packing material didn't go down to well)
He said they had A4 frames professionally welded back on as the originals were kept for some bucketseats and that they had bee stripped down to the frame to do this.
worst welding I have ever seen, and there were heat marks from the welding underneath so clearly not stripped
the seats were no longer adjustable for height and the angle of the seat base had been set way too high.

£400 later and 2 hours of trying to get the drivers seat to fit I gave up as the welding had altered the rear frame width by two mm's so I couldn't get them in without bending the rear mounting points.

I was lucky enough to sell them on to a guy that welded and was happy to cover what I paid for them after I had given them a Gliptone refurb.
painful experience.
never again

Yeah i saw these last week, more cracks than a whore house would be a waste of money to get them unless they were dirt cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

cheeky f***er said I had wasted his by going to his breakers business / house - steer clear!

i think we should all do his nut in and ask him for bigger pictures then ask what condition there in, when he answers fine, then we should ask if theres any mould on the passenger side and is there any fag burns or chewing gum stuck anywhere.
it might just make him give em a clean:wtf:

the guy is a twunt - i should have slapped him when I met him the other day :)