ebay, nikin777 & RNS-E HELP ASAP!!

J7-AUDIA3

Reaction score
Hi

I've already PM'd a number of people who have dealt with the above issue but I'm wanting to get it sorted ASAP.

It's a basic simple question. I've just recently put the question to the seller themselves but not yet got anything back (bear in mind this was a matter of hours ago).

I have bought the above product and have read in there terms and conditions payment section 'Bank transfers are accepted. Details will be provided after the auction ends.'. I might be really dim here but can you pay with the back details already given to you OR do I HAVE TO wait till the auction ends to pay??

I'm a little confused and would like help.

Thanks

J

Having mucked about with RNS at a dealership this morning i'm dying to retrofit this myself. Plus it would be well cool to have TV - how do i go about doing that when i've fitted it>?

Also - most importantly how reliable is this Nikin bloke?

Ian_C said:
Having mucked about with RNS at a dealership this morning i'm dying to retrofit this myself. Plus it would be well cool to have TV - how do i go about doing that when i've fitted it>?

Also - most importantly how reliable is this Nikin bloke?

You need either the OEM Audi TV tuner or one from a third party manufacturer. Picture is not especially good though especially when on the move.

For reliability,have you checked his Ebay feedback score/comments?

Issac Hunt said:
You need either the OEM Audi TV tuner or one from a third party manufacturer. Picture is not especially good though especially when on the move.

For reliability,have you checked his Ebay feedback score/comments?

I've checked the feedback and it is very good. I've took the plundge and went for it. It's ordered and the payment sent via my bank based on other peoples experiences.

I'll post further information when I have what will become my bride and joy!!

J

He is a good seller from lots of member but why the help ASAP, was it an emergency?

Picture is not especially good though especially when on the move.

Pehaps this is a good thing as watching television whilst you are driving is not to be recommended.

And yes I know - it's for my passenger to watch!

steve1975l said:
He is a good seller from lots of member but why the help ASAP, was it an emergency?

No it wasn't an emergency it was the money involved lol. Plus I'm desperate :hubbahubba: to get it ha ha. Sorry Steve.

J

Yeah man let us know how you get on - i reaslly want this in my car.

Also - how does he know which payment is yours?!

The TV option sounds like a waste of time in hindsight

Ian_C said:

I got my bank to put the Ebay reference number as well as my name on the bank transfer reference code.

Ian_C said:
Yeah man let us know how you get on - i reaslly want this in my car.

I will do. Plan on taking pics etc on install to hopfully help people in future.

I just put my name but the reference number would have been an idea but when the payment clears I will be e-mailing to confirm.

J

Did you get your stuff from Nikin777 in the end?

I've paid just after Christmas and still haven't got anything, he replied on ebay saying 'sent' that was it no times, estimate times, tracking numbers etc.

He's had 2 negatives in the past week one threatening police action due to faulty goods and someone else saying they've had no response for 6 weeks.

I was always wary of wiring money to a Lithuanian, although saying that it was to another UK LLoydsTSB account so I'll cause a right hassle if there are any problems.

Probably just being paranoid it just struck me as a little dodgy not taking Paypal saying they don't take it in Lithuania (which they do) Has lots of recommendations on here though and ebay feedback so will give it another few days.

chrisred said:
Did you get your stuff from Nikin777 in the end?

I've paid just after Christmas and still haven't got anything, he replied on ebay saying 'sent' that was it no times, estimate times, tracking numbers etc.

He's had 2 negatives in the past week one threatening police action due to faulty goods and someone else saying they've had no response for 6 weeks.

I was always wary of wiring money to a Lithuanian, although saying that it was to another UK LLoydsTSB account so I'll cause a right hassle if there are any problems.

Probably just being paranoid it just struck me as a little dodgy not taking Paypal saying they don't take it in Lithuania (which they do) Has lots of recommendations on here though and ebay feedback so will give it another few days.

Was your transfer to a UK account then? I asked them about that and they said they didn't have one! I transfered my money to a Lithuanian bank account.

I must admit that I was very nervous about wiring money to this guy. I was even more nervous when I discovered, as you say, that Paypal IS available in Lithuania.

However, although his communication was very slow, he did deliver a unit in perfect condition.

GeoffT said:
Was your transfer to a UK account then? I asked them about that and they said they didn't have one! I transfered my money to a Lithuanian bank account.

I must admit that I was very nervous about wiring money to this guy. I was even more nervous when I discovered, as you say, that Paypal IS available in Lithuania.

However, although his communication was very slow, he did deliver a unit in perfect condition.

Yep Geoff it was a UK LLoydsTSB account but with some foreign name. Quite a few others selling RNS-E on fleabay now also from Lithuania and they all take Paypal.

I didn't pay the £40 special delivery just the 'normal' £20 one but I was under the impression that was just a time/express thing and not insurance/tracking.

Not sure how much longer I should wait, basically said in my mail I'm not unreasonable and don't mind a delay due to Christmas etc but to just keep me posted.

He's only had 5 negatives out of 1200+ on eBay so let's hope I'm not another unlucky one!

I didn't get a tracking number with mine either (only paid the basic £20 like you). I also had to pay my bank £21 to wire the money overseas. I was sure I'd seen somewhere that they had a UK Lloyds account, but I specifically emailed that question to them and they said they hadn't!

Anyway fingers crossed that yours arrives safely. I would love to know where they get all these Satnavs from. Looking at their feedback, there can't be an Audi , BMW or Merc left in Lithuania with a factory Satnav in it!!

chrisred said:
Yep Geoff it was a UK LLoydsTSB account but with some foreign name. Quite a few others selling RNS-E on fleabay now also from Lithuania and they all take Paypal.

I didn't pay the £40 special delivery just the 'normal' £20 one but I was under the impression that was just a time/express thing and not insurance/tracking.

Not sure how much longer I should wait, basically said in my mail I'm not unreasonable and don't mind a delay due to Christmas etc but to just keep me posted.

He's only had 5 negatives out of 1200+ on eBay so let's hope I'm not another unlucky one!

Same here, I'm a little worried getting. Paid for mine 27th of Dec and they didn't mark the payment as rec'd till 5th Jan :faint: .

If it don't come this week there will need to be something done :asskicking: , although what can be done as overall it was an unsafe method? The thing that made me go for it in the end was. like you, the good reviews but of recent it's not looking great.

Let us know if you get yours and I'll do the same mate.

Cheers

J

Hi gents,
I bought a unit of Nikin777 on the 15th of Dec & it didnt arrive until the 27th of Dec. I tried to get in contact with him/her but they never got back to me. I asked them for the tracking number as i had paid the extra cash for it but when it arrived the parcel wasnt being tracked at all. I have to say though that the unit itself was 100% perfect. I to became slightly worried but all should be good gents. I hope it arrives soon because i know you'll be itching to get it fitted :icon_thumright:
Brucer.

J7-AUDIA3 said:
Same here, I'm a little worried getting. Paid for mine 27th of Dec and they didn't mark the payment as rec'd till 5th Jan :faint: .

that doesnt sound unreasonable. Given bank holidays and an international transfer. They will want to be certain payment has *really* cleared.

Did you IBAN?

Roll on the UK joining the Euro I say.

brucer said:
Hi gents,
I bought a unit of Nikin777 on the 15th of Dec & it didnt arrive until the 27th of Dec. I tried to get in contact with him/her but they never got back to me. I asked them for the tracking number as i had paid the extra cash for it but when it arrived the parcel wasnt being tracked at all. I have to say though that the unit itself was 100% perfect. I to became slightly worried but all should be good gents. I hope it arrives soon because i know you'll be itching to get it fitted :icon_thumright:
Brucer.

Cheers Brucer makes me feel a little better after that.

Based on the dates you waited 12days and working off payment rec'd date for me this is about my 10th. I'll live in hope that everything goes well was just feeling a little edgy lol.

Cheers again mate.

J

P.S. Your right about the itching to fit :hubbahubba:

mas said:
that doesnt sound unreasonable. Given bank holidays and an international transfer. They will want to be certain payment has *really* cleared.

Did you IBAN?

Roll on the UK joining the Euro I say.

IBAN??

I'm a little slow the day ha ha.

I think it's more the wait that's putting the fear into me!!!

J

Hi J7-AUDIA3

Nikin actually replied the other day after a while. He ignored the question about what day it was sent, said there was no tracking number and has missed some key information of my address (the building name as I had it sent to my work!) Am quite lucky the office is the only one for the postcode so it should still get there.

My payment cleared on the 29th I think so it's been 2 weeks now.

"There is no possibility to track the package, usually shipping takes 5-10 days. You should receive the package max. in few days."

Not sure how long to wait before causing a fuss, 10 working days are already up.

J7 if yours cleared the 5th 10 working days would be this Friday or next Monday so not too bad for you (yet!)

I'll update the thread in a few days, it seems most people do get their items it just takes ages and the guy can't be bothered to reply.

chrisred said:
Hi J7-AUDIA3

Nikin actually replied the other day after a while. He ignored the question about what day it was sent, said there was no tracking number and has missed some key information of my address (the building name as I had it sent to my work!) Am quite lucky the office is the only one for the postcode so it should still get there.

My payment cleared on the 29th I think so it's been 2 weeks now.

"There is no possibility to track the package, usually shipping takes 5-10 days. You should receive the package max. in few days."

Not sure how long to wait before causing a fuss, 10 working days are already up.

J7 if yours cleared the 5th 10 working days would be this Friday or next Monday so not too bad for you (yet!)

I'll update the thread in a few days, it seems most people do get their items it just takes ages and the guy can't be bothered to reply.

Hey chrisred :respekt:

Technically it cleared on the 31st Dec but it may have been the reference I gave (my full name) which wasn't picked up straight away (should have maybe been my ebay name or item No. etc) and given the holiday period at the time I'm concerned but not overly concerned.

But here is hoping everything goes well, it's just those recent feedback comments that are throwing me :faint: .

I'll up date as soon as.

J

Hi all

You'll be glad to know my RNS-E turned up today. Annoying as the removal keys to get the old one weren't included but am glad I got anything based on the recent bad feedback for Nikin.

Assuming it all works I'd still say excellent as the price is really good, just need to be patient!

chrisred said:
Hi all

You'll be glad to know my RNS-E turned up today. Annoying as the removal keys to get the old one weren't included but am glad I got anything based on the recent bad feedback for Nikin.

Assuming it all works I'd still say excellent as the price is really good, just need to be patient!

That's great to hear mate, well pleased for you. I got the removal keys off a guy on ebay for a fiver or something, really simple to use and remove the unit.

Let us know how you get on with it etc.

Cheers

J

The problem is that if you want to avoid the sweat of trusting this Nikin chap, you have to pay £200 extra to buy it from within the UK......

And thats a lot of money

Hey guys

Got a text there (as I'm in work) RNS-E has arrived thankfully :hubbahubba: .

Will post again in a few days after having a play with the new toy and let you know how I get on or more important if it was worth the money ha ha.

Cheers

J

mitch78 said:
One reason that so many of them may appear to be coming from Lithuania is that it's quite easy to legally avoid paying income tax there. Whether the units themselves are in Lithuania or not is another matter, as long as the person with the ebay account is based there they can avoid the tax.

The post is covered in Lithuanian postage stuff so I think we can safely assume thats where they are from. I think :idea: lol.

Either way I've got mine as I said above and well worth the money IMO. Just got the cruise kit from VAGPARTS and going to install or have installed during the wkend if possible!! The car is coming together nicely :jump: .

Cheers :hi:

J

Theres another on there Navi555 seems to have reasonable feedback, I keep looking at the Audi Nav but still think I would be better off going aftermarket.

Just a quick update on this thread.

My unit took a while to get here but the actual product is great and works a treat. The unit has a few marks on the top of the cage which suggests it has been in another car before and aren't totally brand new but the actual screen / buttons etc are perfect.

As someone else pointed out if you don't need the hassle use a UK person and pay the extra. Whilst everyone seems to get their units eventually there is bad feedback creeping through now and I don't think the units are sent recorded as such so if something does go wrong you could be stuffed.

I'd still recommend nikin777 as the units are sub 500 for the nav plus, navi555 also seems to have good feedback and is also from Lithuania