Ebay item of interest to all S3 owners...

Gadgy is trying to advertise for free me thinks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif but as to 'rare' just how many 'S3' plates can there be? By my reckoning, there are 22 letters available, but how do you multiply that and by what to get the answer - over to you professor!

Hi not sure if anyone else has seen it but on ebay there is an S3 for sale with a BUY NOW price of £7000. Guess this is mistake. Surely if you bid for it and won at £7000 it is legally binding?

There has been a big discussion about this on another forum. Firstly, you need to be approved by the seller before you bid which means not just anyone can 'buy it now'. I've contacted the guy but as yet had no response. It checks out ok - a couple of people have HPI'ed it.

Apart from all that, no-one knows how it runs, etc, and who'd be stupid enough to sell an S3 for £7k? Also, I don't think winning bids are legally binding - that would be pretty difficult to enforce.

[ QUOTE ]
S3BeemerBeater said:
but as to 'rare' just how many 'S3' plates can there be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enough, I had to get S300 on my plate to get the combination of letters I wanted...booo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
S3BeemerBeater said:
By my reckoning, there are 22 letters available, but how do you multiply that and by what to get the answer - over to you professor!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its 22 to the power 3 (or 22*22*22), which makes 10648. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif