1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eBay intake’s ??

Charlie23 Aug 11, 2018 at 9:54 PM

1. Charlie23

Charlie23 Active Member

Has anyone tried one of these CAI?

Would only use it for the pipe work and change the filter for ITG/Revo

eBay - 391653984333

Cheers

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Have to say it looks a bit like mine ( ITG i have ) check it has heat sheild and if mid section pipe ( after Maf sensor ) has a base plate so you can use your engine cover screws to hold it in place if so go for it seems a reasonable price as my ITG was £200 2nd hand

4. Charlie23

Charlie23 Active Member

I was thinking just use it for the pipe work, could be worth a shot.

I think I would prefer to buy a Genuine ITG but they don’t come up for sale anymore. Haha

5. paddy

paddy Audi=we just sell em mate, we can't fix em.. Team Ibis Audi S3 Black Edition DSG

Just buy a revo or better still something that takes its air from outside the engine bay You "WILL" get what you pay for.

Charlie23 likes this.
  6. Charlie23

Charlie23 Active Member

Understand what your saying, An intake that I have seen that looks good quality and the same as Revo is a Creation Motorsport intake? Has anyone bought one or have any experience?

I know the Intake questions have been brought up 10000's of times just I have had the ITG, Nuespeed, Forge Twintake and just want to try something abit different for once.

7. paddy

paddy Audi=we just sell em mate, we can't fix em.. Team Ibis Audi S3 Black Edition DSG

Not cheap but i use a VWRacing CAI which takes its air from outside and is fully enclosed. Has a bit of a roar with it but nothing obtrusive

Attached Files:

8. Charlie23

Charlie23 Active Member

Looks good fair play.

Seen your signature, Stage2+ 381bhp? Not bad at all.

9. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Confused about post if you have already tried the other CAI's why would you ask about an inferior one like the Ebay one

10. Charlie23

Charlie23 Active Member

My Stage 2+ days where back 4 years ago, when ITG Maxogen was one of if not the best, so just looking to see if anything has changed, anything better out there and i just fancy a change from all the usual brands that you always see.

I know most of the time like mentioned you get what you pay for but you never know what little Gems are out there until you try them.

11. ch1z64

Got u now , so really the Ebay thing was just the pipe u where looking into

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Charlie23

Charlie23 Active Member

Yes that’s correct, but I’m think I’m more drawn towards the Creation Motorsport intake now. Looks a good bit of kit

14. prt57

prt57 Well-Known Member

About the best flowing is the Revo but I believe that there is a bit of a shortage at the moment. They are quite noisy compared to an enclosed intake but I think the noises are quite addictive, especially changing gear at high revs with WOT.

I would stay clear of Creation motorsport as lots of their stuff is just a cheap copy with questionable quality. Buy cheap, buy twice!
    The current Revos have a strengthened mounting point compared to the originals.

15. Charlie23

Charlie23 Active Member

Hi mate, thanks for that. The Creation Motorsport looks kind of the same as the Revo but if your saying quality is not as good then that’s out the window haha.

Revo or ITG it is then, been ITG so might aswel go Revo this time