eBay Diesel tuning boxes

Jim Wilson

Reaction score
Hi,

Probably going to get shot down here, but does anyone have any experience of the many diesel tuning boxes available on eBay ?

For £30 I'm tempted to test
3e3f7e0ec1401daff0fc8f903e306825.jpg

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

If you want cheap mate buy a second hand bluefin handset and set it to them for a reset. I paid £16 for the handset and I think £150 for the reset and map. A lot more than 30 but a proper job and a fraction of a custom map. Custom is always the best option providing you go to a reputable mapper.

Reactions: Jim Wilson
Just make sure you contact superchips with the serial number before buying the handset for confirmation.

Reactions: Jim Wilson
save yourself some money and buy some resistors from maplins lol

tuning boxes WILL make a difference, do they do it well / correctly / safely....imo no

I've heard bad things about those tuning boxes, apparently they only give you a slight increase and nothing close to what they state.

When I was looking about for a place I found this site www.remappers.com - you use MPPS to download the current map on your engine upload it to the site then you get it back for you to flash to the ECU

In my opinion....it's £30 for a reason, If these were decent everyone would be buying them.

These things should really be renamed to what they are.....”DPF Blockers”

It is literally a resistor in a box. Will cause the car to overfuel all the time.