1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

eBay Diesel tuning boxes

Jim Wilson Dec 18, 2019

1. Jim Wilson

Jim Wilson New Member

Hi,

Probably going to get shot down here, but does anyone have any experience of the many diesel tuning boxes available on eBay ?

For £30 I'm tempted to test[​IMG]

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition

If you want cheap mate buy a second hand bluefin handset and set it to them for a reset. I paid £16 for the handset and I think £150 for the reset and map. A lot more than 30 but a proper job and a fraction of a custom map. Custom is always the best option providing you go to a reputable mapper.

Jim Wilson likes this.
  4. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition

Just make sure you contact superchips with the serial number before buying the handset for confirmation.

Jim Wilson likes this.
  5. EG-Nath

EG-Nath New Member

save yourself some money and buy some resistors from maplins lol

tuning boxes WILL make a difference, do they do it well / correctly / safely....imo no

6. ccc2000

ccc2000 New Member

I've heard bad things about those tuning boxes, apparently they only give you a slight increase and nothing close to what they state.

When I was looking about for a place I found this site www.remappers.com - you use MPPS to download the current map on your engine upload it to the site then you get it back for you to flash to the ECU

7. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Spend the money on a single malt instead .

Johnny 99 likes this.