Easy Entry System

kayemill

Reaction score
Sorry to be a pest. Now that I've mastered the parking brake, I have another question.

My car is a 3 door and my drivers seat won't return to its last position after pushing the seat forward. In my 8p s3 you just had to slide a little silver plate forward to get it working. However this 8v seems not as easy.

Anyone have any experience of this?

I read the easy entry system part

brought back memories or my pals ex,

Reactions: kayemill
Sorry to be a pest. Now that I've mastered the parking brake, I have another question.

My car is a 3 door and my drivers seat won't return to its last position after pushing the seat forward. In my 8p s3 you just had to slide a little silver plate forward to get it working. However this 8v seems not as easy.

Anyone have any experience of this?

I don't have the 3 door, but on my 8P 3 door it was a case of remembering to slide the seat back before pushing the seat back back into place. If you moved the seat back first, it wouldn't return to its original position.

In my car when you pull the handle to slide and tilt the seat forward it just slides back and clicks into its original place. Something may be up with yours, be worth seeing what the dealer can do.

Unfortunately I can't find anything on this anywhere on the internet.

I guess it's back to the dealers unfortunately.

Ah, my bad, I thought you were just using us in lieu of reading the manual again :p

Again? The parking brake thing was also nothing to do with not reading the manual.

Sorry if I've offended anyone with my questions.

Will look elsewhere.

After closer inspection there is a little silver backstop similar to my 8p. Unfortunately I can't get it to budge.

Guess its back to the dealer.

Dealer's answer is that the drivers seat does not have the easy entry function and should not return to it's original position. WTF?

My experience with dealers is that they always say "that's how it's designed, there's nothing wrong with it". ****** useless.

Reactions: snowfree52
Just thought I'd post this in case it helps anyone.

I managed to fix my issue. The little back stop is actually a black plastic item with a little spring loaded rocker on a pivot pin. When the seat is in it's normal position a tab on the easy entry mechanism goes into place which moves the rocker into the position which allows the block to slide. When the back of the seat is forward the tab comes up and the block should be locked in position. My issue was that the rocker was stuck in the slide position which meant it was just sliding back and fourth when using the easy entry system.

To fix it I got into the back seat with the drivers seat folded forward and slid it all the way back towards me. This meant the block was right at the back. I then got a knitting needle and pushed it up the rail to the block and manually pushed the rocker into the locked position. You have to do this blind as the seat is as far back but you can hear it clicking up.

Now that the block is locked in place at the back of the rail you can then slide the seat forward again and you have full access to the block.

Basically I think, as it's new the rocker was a bit sticky on it's pivot pin so I sprayed it with silicone spray and worked the rocker for a while.

Working fine now. Also if it needs changing it would just be a case of taking the rear seat mount bolt out and sliding the block out and putting a new one in.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Last edited: