Easiest retrofits

rob0904

Reaction score
So I've given up on finding a well specd A6, so now thinking of getting a basic specd s line and retrofit things which I would like e.g. heated seats, tech pack, folding mirrors and so on....

Which are the easiest and cheapest to do?

Hard to find everything I want at a decent price and with put mega miles.

Any help would be great...

Find a car with th tech pack as that is a very expensive retrofit.

It should also mean the car is equipped with higher versions of control modules which means you add other items to the car without the need to upgrade the modules

Yeah I know but if I can do it as and when. Collect bits when I find them at a decent price.

Does anyone know if all seats have the heat elements in them or are they specially fitted?

Is there a proper retrofit diy page going I haven't found?

Rob

Don’t be put off by cars with high mileage by the way.

I bought mine with 73,000 on the clock just over 2 years ago. Its now done over 102,000. Only thing I’ve had fail is an injector but I put that down to age and the fact I’ve had it mapped and it’s pushing harder than what I would put on someone elses car

My car was £5k cheaper than anything else but had much better specification. I had the tech pack and comfort pack along with pan sunroof and 19’s

Pretty much the cheapest retrofit for the A6 would be LED interior bulbs!!

Haha yeah, not thought about them do they class as a retrofit? Altho my ladies A1 has them and they are nice and bright haha

The problem with some of the retrofits are the security on the modules (Component Protection). Most dealers won't remove this unless the part is new so the cost are ££££, there are third party companies that have access to ODIS to remove CP, but I would find this out first. As said above even heated seats are not cheap, you will either need to find the seats with elements already installed, or fit the elements yourself and stripping a seat down is not an easy job, and getting them to look right after refitting the leather can be even more difficult. You then need a wiring harness, as Audi don't have the wiring in place for missing options. Finally you will need a climate control panel, which need CP removal and coding.

Rough Costs of heated seats
Wiring harness £65 (kufatec)
Control Panel £100 (Used off ebay)
Heated seat element £80 each (approx new from Audi) you need 4
CP removal £60

Total £545 and that's you doing all the work yourself + coding

You may find some of the parts cheaper on ebay but you cannot fit used elements, as they are glued to the foam base & back, and impossible to remove without damaging them.

Not sure what year you are looking at but around 66 plate seated memory seats & folding mirrors came as standard.

Yeah, looking at 13 or 14 plates, component protection is a ****** pain haha I can code stuff with vids as long as I can find the right guide. I wouldn't of thought the control panel would have cp, but it's a con to get more money out of us if yours breaks....

If I fitted a new control panel I take it nothing would work til cp was removed?

Rob

CP is not a con, it's a way of blocking stolen car parts from being reused. Almost all of the electronic modules in the car has CP.

Control panel is disabled until CP is removed.

I guess but still a pain when you want to do things to your car....

CP stopped me upgrading my ladies A1 mmi unit for one which was sat nav ready. Not too many places can or will remove it.

How much you wanting to spend - my car will be up for sale - part exchange fairly soon.

It is 16 plate S line in mythos black - Tech pack, heated front seats, folding mirrors and ambient light pack - which were optional extras when purchased. Front and rear dash cam and ceramic coated when new.

Just over 11,ooo miles in excellent condition.

Martin

Reactions: fingermouse
Sounds well spec'd and well out of my price range. Can probably get up 16k at the every most...

Also, need an avant to fit the kids and all that goes with them in....

Thanks for the offer but I'm sure you will get far more than what I could offer, but let me know if you don't.

Rob