early warning alarmc

dave rutter

Reaction score
can anyone tell me why the early warning for brake pads and low oil KEEPS telling me to check when they dont need checking

Assuming you've checked the oil with the dipstick, and it's ok, then the sender is probably faulty. Common fault.

As for the brake pads, again assuming the both the inner and the outer pads on both sides have plenty of meat on them, then it could be the connectors. It's also not unknown for the wire embedded in the pad to be too far "into" the material, so that it ends up showing pad wear when, in reality, there is still plenty of life left on them.

I had this happen - my garages solution (unbelievably!) was to bridge the wires in the loom with a fecking scotchlock!

hi mike, thanks for the reply. yes level is ok on the dipstick , i check on a regular basis ,( v8 likes to sip it) as for the pads they were changed in january , its just this past two weeks it has been telling me every time i start it up . i will investigate further now you have given me some idea what might be going on , oh , i dont think i will be going to your local garage lol