Early Engines/Power/Gearbox

Mooogie

Reaction score
There has been much debate about older A7 models, S-Tronic/Tiptronic gearboxes and what engines they were featured in. My own Feb2013 3.0TDI 245ps had an 8-speed Tiptronic that some forum members thought was not possible in the UK! I have attached extracts from the A7 2012 and 2013 UK brochures below. Hopefully this will help those interested in buying older cars and what is available.

Specs

Getting hold of one of these 245ps 8-Speed Tiptronics could be fairly rare but if you do find a car with this combination, it is an absolute joy with massive amount of torque. Even more than today's 55TFSI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dipesh, andy43 and BD55SOL
Good post!! I have a 2015 UK brochure here - facelift 2015 cars are all 7 speed S tronic except the 320bhp BiTDi that got an 8 speed tiptronic.
I think I've read that ALL USA cars got the 8 speeder too, but don't quote me on that.

Me too, I had the choice between the two and went for the ZF.

It seems to be quite a rare spec having a 245 Tiptronic Quattro

The 8 speed ZF is a lovely box, especially combined with the BiTdi engine. My 2013 model puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. The torque is ridiculous.

What a great find. That helps me loads, in searching for my A7 at the moment. I want a 245 car too.

Reactions: Mooogie