e tron 55 On order - Lead time questions.

Hambee1234

A4 BE currently... Etron 55 BE on order...
Hi All, So I have opted for and ordered a e tron 55 black edition which was placed onto Audi early June with a lead time quoted of 5 months which was taking me to November this year, which I thought at the time was ideal compared to other brands and models as my current A4 BE is due back in December, but now I am pushed back to Jan 23.

Looking on line at other forums, this push back and delay seems be normal, and from experience on past cars I was expecting this anyway but just wondering if any one else has been delayed with their e tron 55 orders?

I know that the Q4 orders are all over the place as well, but we haven't really had a dedicated e-tron 55 thread going, so thought I would start one .

I was initially looking at the e tron 50, but Audi at the time pulled this from their range, and now also the 55 and 55-S is removed from the UK configurator...

Hopefully there are some 55 owners or on order folk out there... hahaha..

Cheers !

Hambee1234

Can’t wait to see your car. Hope the wait isn’t to long. Nice to see the new section getting some content
Thanks Sandra . Appreciate you creating the new section . Hopefully more Etron 55 owners on the forum so we can share experiences etc … as the other sections have been a great help to me over the many years of Audi ownership

aj84

55 Owner here albeit an early 2019 version which in real-world, has just a slight difference in terms of range/battery availibility!
Done 25k on it now without any mechanical issues ! Just got back from a London > Belgium > Netherlands > Further north of Netherlands > Belgium > France > London trip 2 days ago and it was fantastic - could not feel the trip at all!

You made the right choice with the 55 - it has just enough edge on the mileage to make you less wary of it although I rarely look at mine now because of my "fueling station" at home.

Biggest issue I've had is with Digital Services - this is a some-what branched off dept of Audi - in short, they are useless and Audi can't really do anything about it.
Soon as you get it- make sure you register the car to MyAudi while you're there and don't budge until it works!

Depending on how techy you are/want to be, you will pull your hair out dealing with them...or not care because it isnt something that you're fussed about.

But as a car, its been flawless :)

Hambee1234

55 Owner here albeit an early 2019 version which in real-world, has just a slight difference in terms of range/battery availibility!
Done 25k on it now without any mechanical issues ! Just got back from a London > Belgium > Netherlands > Further north of Netherlands > Belgium > France > London trip 2 days ago and it was fantastic - could not feel the trip at all!

You made the right choice with the 55 - it has just enough edge on the mileage to make you less wary of it although I rarely look at mine now because of my "fueling station" at home.

Biggest issue I've had is with Digital Services - this is a some-what branched off dept of Audi - in short, they are useless and Audi can't really do anything about it.
Soon as you get it- make sure you register the car to MyAudi while you're there and don't budge until it works!

Depending on how techy you are/want to be, you will pull your hair out dealing with them...or not care because it isnt something that you're fussed about.

But as a car, its been flawless :)
Thanks for the feedback Aj and good to read that you have enjoyed your ownership of the Etron .
I am also really looking forward to getting mine and I had decided to go the full EV route as I am not doing many long distance drives myself anymore so the range on the 55 was plenty for me .
I will make sure to post up some images etc once it arrives .