E-bay VAGCOM Cables

pjmspeedy

Dude, what's mine say ?
Reaction score
Hi All - I keep borrowing my friends Vagcom cable but I want one of my own but can't really justify spending £200 odd on a genuine cable from rosstech. I was wondering if anyone out there is selling a genuine one or has anyone bought one off e-bay and if so any chance of providing me with a link to the same seller as you got yours from...... there seems to be loads!!!

This is one I have seen that is despatched from the UK and not Hong Kong. What do you guy's think ?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-VAG-COM-4...9|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1308|301:1|293:1|294:50

You will find few people on the forum recomended counterfeit/copy leads. They dont always work, sometimes they only work for a while. They also cant be used with the latest software from RossTech, I've heard that downloading it can render leads useless in some cases.

Khufu's hit the nail squarely on the head. You're always well in the 'brave' range of things when you don't buy genuine Ross Tech. I had all kinds of home-built and third-party leads before I bought a HEX-USB+CAN, and once I went 'genuine' I wondered what I'd been doing messing around with the copies for so long...

Regards,

Rob.

better just get the genuine one.

I had an ebay one which I used with VagCom 409.1 version and bought the license. You can use only up to version 409.1 and must be on one laptop/pc only. Cannot be moved.

I finally bought a genuine cable and it's definitely worth it. All latest updates and can use it on any pc/laptop I want

Again let me put this in perspective for those who cant justify £200+, audi 5052 unit £5k, VCDS version £260, now is thats not a bargain then I must be reading it wrong & also note the guys at audi using 5052 units dont have all the access we can get with RT leads, eg. security access to modules like as a recent visit showed me & I had to complete the mod by myself with RT lead/software that dealer couldnt do.

Pot luck, either they will just not work, go faulty in use & have been not often but known to cause issues on cars modules, also when updating the leads they go wrong & stop functioning completely, also note dependent on your car they wont allow access to all modules/features so you could be restricted.

Also note updates will always to date work with your genuine leads & have always been free, support is free to date, IMHO cheap ebay leads dont save you money at all cause the times you cant get it to work & cant access modules is lost time, same old equation TIME = MONEY, thus costs you more in long run to use cheap leads.

Lesson ends.

Again let me put this in perspective for those who cant justify £200+, audi 5052 unit £5k, VCDS version £260, now is thats not a bargain then I must be reading it wrong & also note the guys at audi using 5052 units dont have all the access we can get with RT leads, eg. security access to modules like as a recent visit showed me & I had to complete the mod by myself with RT lead/software that dealer couldnt do.

Pot luck, either they will just not work, go faulty in use & have been not often but known to cause issues on cars modules, also when updating the leads they go wrong & stop functioning completely, also note dependent on your car they wont allow access to all modules/features so you could be restricted.

Also note updates will always to date work with your genuine leads & have always been free, support is free to date, IMHO cheap ebay leads dont save you money at all cause the times you cant get it to work & cant access modules is lost time, same old equation TIME = MONEY, thus costs you more in long run to use cheap leads.

Lesson ends.
:iagree:1000% - went the cheap route originally and unless you want a disposable cable, I suggest getting the original.