Dyno Results

Marc18

Reaction score
Had the a3 on the dyno today.

Mods are dtuk tuning box and pedal box, custom air intake, all silencers removed from standard exhaust.

Pretty happy with the results, although quite a lot of power lost on transfer to the wheels

DSC 0145

Can't get the image the right way up on my phone.
262bhp at the fly
209bhp at the wheels

Short video to follow

Reactions: STERLING VOID
As ytou have said the calculated transmission losses look pretty high, 20% is closer to what you would get on a 4wd car. Typically FWD cars are somewhere between 12 and 15% .
That would make the power more like 238-247 bhp.

Yeah I was a bit shocked at the ammount lost, still happy with the overall gain

Anything i can do to minimise the loss?

Just forget about bhp figures.. whp is what matters, and you seem to be getting what others are getting with the DTUK's tbox.

Am I seing 270 lb/ft?

Good numbers!

Just forget about bhp figures.. whp is what matters, and you seem to be getting what others are getting with the DTUK's tbox.

Am I seing 270 lb/ft?

Good numbers!

Yeah mate 270ish
Can't complain, car feels ten times better.
Hopefully get a proper map when there out and see some more

The transmission loss is calulated from the run down time of the car on the dyno. tyres with a high rolling resistance, low pressure, a dragging brake or the operaor just resting his foot on the brake pedal can give an artificially high transmission loss figure and hence what appears to be a higher flywheel power figure.
If you ditched the 19's and fited some 17's with low rolling resistance tyres the transmission los would probably drop and the car would go faster as well.

Reactions: veeeight
The transmission loss is calulated from the run down time of the car on the dyno. tyres with a high rolling resistance, low pressure, a dragging brake or the operaor just resting his foot on the brake pedal can give an artificially high transmission loss figure and hence what appears to be a higher flywheel power figure.
If you ditched the 19's and fited some 17's with low rolling resistance tyres the transmission los would probably drop and the car would go faster as well.

But I love my 19s :( ha

Thanks for the information mate, always nice to learn new things

Nice results would have been good to see what is was running in standard form. What intake have you got, as I'd be well happy with these figures from my 1.8 but I'm unsure why your losses are so big. Is yours a quattro?

Just read the comment above which explains your losses, :( I want 19's on mine aswell haha

Nice results would have been good to see what is was running in standard form. What intake have you got, as I'd be well happy with these figures from my 1.8 but I'm unsure why your losses are so big. Is yours a quattro?

The intake is one I put together myself, if you look for the thread on which induction kit to get there's a picture and a video
Just fwd mate

Did you have it on the rollers without the box?

Sorry for jumping in late and this might sound daft, my stage 1 a3 dynod 215bhp at the wheels and max torque 241 lbft, is this torque at the wheels or the crank?

Are you remapped or tuning box?

Dtuk box.
Ram air cone filter
Forge intake pipe
Forge recirc valve
Centre silencer and rear box removed (now have a remus in place of the rear box delete)