Dynamik is it worth it?

quattrogone

Quattro Back!
Reaction score
I'm toying with the idea of a dynamik but I'm beginning to think that it's basically an s-line with a front splitter and rear diffuser fitted! Also sort of bugging me with the white headlining lol!

Also I know about the petrol versions oil issue but wondering what the fuel economy is really like compared to the "official" figures given?

Anyone had much experience with one?

yeah I have skimmed through that thread but I was wondering what other issues experiences people may of had as now there are higher mileage cars out there and that thread seems to be mostly about the oil consumption issues in the later pages.
I'd be interested to know whether remapping the petrol variant made for better mpg or worse!
Thanks for the reply.

As usual it's how you drive it, what sort of roads and distances, urban/ rural etc etc. It's pretty reasonable if not pressing hard, I see figures into mid 30s but obviously that drops quickly when pushing harder- low 20s . I think my wife would get 40mpg if I let her drive it.
But it's what you'd expect of a quite large 'modern' (ahem!) 2 litre turbocharged saloon.
I would seriously think twice about any Dynamik- I made a massive error in not consulting this site before buying.
One new engine later I do love the car, but it owes me.
The suspension setup is good but to complement the factory lowered(Eibach) springs I plan uprated shocks in future.
The looks are a package and work well but the standard alloys are garish and need repainting or swapped for s'thing else.
A remap (mine was Superchips) makes a worthwhile difference in power( 50- 60 horses extra) without poorer fuel economy.
Good luck

Thanks for the info! Yeah I'm pretty torn at the moment as I'm fed up with the sh1t economy from my 1.8t Q even when I'm being really careful!
So I then think I should really get a 2.0tdi variant but get pulled back to the 2.0fsi even though I know about the issues, I wouldn't have a problem buying one that I know has been rebuilt but it shocks me how many low milers are for sale at trade dealers that act like they have no knowledge of the whole oil consumption issue. I've even had a couple that have tried the whole "oh no don't worry sir that issue was with the previous models which is why we won't stock them" :flushed::laughing::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: yeah mate right have you not heard of google yet!

If you could get one cheap enough to factor in the cost of a rebuilt/replacement engine, it would bexworth considering...but these dealer cars are top price bracket for what is now an old model !

I’m thinking of selling my saloon a I really need an estate now.

It’s a really rare Quartz Silver, is a manual and looks lovely. It’s has the pistons done, a new uprated clutch and brakes done not too long ago. I waited a long time to get it as it looks so good compared to the black, white or red.

Previous to this I had a B7 2.o TFSI. The Dynamik is a lot more fuel efficient and on a long run I have had 40 mpg. The average I have for all driving is around 34 mpg.

I have found another car I like so PM me if interested, hope the information helped too.